Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting tyres

Options
  • 11-12-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    I have some tyres I bought off the internet and I am wondering if anybody can recommend someone around Ennis who will fit the tyres and mind my nice alloys;)! Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by MarkR on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Pat Foudy tyres behind Dan McInerneys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Pat Foudy is good as is John Devitt on Clare Road, near O'Dowd's/Corrib Oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

Bif wrote: »
    Folks,
    I have some tyres I bought off the internet and I am wondering if anybody can recommend someone around Ennis who will fit the tyres and mind my nice alloys;)! Thanks in advance.

were the tyres not available to buy at the tyre centers? a bit like asking a barman for glasses for a crate of beer bought in an offlicence.would assume and hope that you are charged accordingly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

pilate 1 wrote: »
    were the tyres not available to buy at the tyre centers? a bit like asking a barman for glasses for a crate of beer bought in an offlicence.would assume and hope that you are charged accordingly:)

I've noticed that some of them aren't interested if you want good tyres. It's the old "ah shure you don't want them at all. What you want is a cheap piece of rubbish, which as luck would have it I've got in stock"

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

pilate 1 wrote: »

Pilate 1. Firstly, thank you for your concern. No the tyres weren't available, would have to be ordered etc. and hence my post to see if somebody provides the service...and yes your presumption is correct in that I am willing to pay for the service :rolleyes:. In fact many tyre centres are more than happy to to fit tyres as it is part of their business and some are listed on the internet tyre sites as agents for fitting. My question is to find someone who would do the job well. Again thanks for your concern and hopes ;). It's good the know the Christmas spirit is alive and well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know that Devitt's do fit tyres that weren't bought there because my brother in law got it done recently enough (sorry I don't know how much it cost).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dmc17 wrote: »
    I've noticed that some of them aren't interested if you want good tyres. It's the old "ah shure you don't want them at all. What you want is a cheap piece of rubbish, which as luck would have it I've got in stock"

They're made in the same factory as Bridgestone/Dunlop/insert name here

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭slystallone

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

And "all the taxi drivers use them"

In my experience, they don't mind installing them. You'll pay a fee of course, so take that into account when pricing your tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’ve found a garage in the meantime (Safeway in Ennis) that understands me

epic thread resurrection from slystallone, 10 years 🫣

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement