Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is your GOD - Spiritual answer?

Options
  • 11-12-2013 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

If God was in the middle of the room sitting on a chair and everyone else was sitting around him in a circle... what would be your viewpoint on a God of your understanding from wherever you are sitting in that circle? Everyone's opinion should differ depending on where they sit...

What is your opinion??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

If God was in the middle of the room sitting on a chair and everyone else was sitting around him in a circle... what would be your viewpoint on a God of your understanding from wherever you are sitting in that circle? Everyone's opinion should differ depending on where they sit...

What is your opinion??

It would be perception that is different in the above scenario, not necessarily opinion, we can see things from a different angle and still share the same opinion. that said;

My opinion on God on the chair in the circle in the room is;

1 God is not HE or SHE nor does it have any form.
    2 God cannot be seen, only experienced through feeling, this is KNOWING.
    3 What is commonly called god, I would know as life-force, this life-force is filling the room, and those within the room/circle, it is also everywhere outside of the room.
    This life-force can be experienced as peace and love flowing within and through me. This is how/when a connection with life (God) is made.
    Everyone in the circle is already connected with this life-force and everyone also has the choice to focus onto this connection and make it stronger or choose to perceive a disconnection (in truth one cannot be disconnected from infinite and eternal life as there is nowhere it is not and so nowhere to disconnect/go to) and stay preoccupied with their own ego/human self.

So If I was in the circle in the room I would see an empty chair in the middle but I would FEEL the presence of LOVE LIGHT PEACE (God) within me.

Happy Every Day
    P

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There are no chairs, there is no room, nor central figure. God is in and of us. Imagine god as a flame, which can be divided again and again without being diminished, but once these flames are brought together they can be combine again seamlessly into one single light. I see us as individual flames from a single source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Oryx wrote: »
    There are no chairs, there is no room, nor central figure. God is in and of us. Imagine god as a flame, which can be divided again and again without being diminished, but once these flames are brought together they can be combine again seamlessly into one single light. I see us as individual flames from a single source.

That's a nice view point,but are those flames not together already.
    Some strong other's weak...
    Some orange more blue. ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

God is consciousness and we are all god trying to fulfill our potential-Bill Bailey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Malcolm.

The rules of some beliefs don't suit me, so I'm looking to make up my own version or alter one to suit, any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

It would be a strange situation that you've described OP. I'd be sitting looking at myself surrounded by people looking at, at least, aspects of themselves; that is if they didn't recognise themselves sitting in front of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hey thanks for your replies,.. I agree with everyone as Every atom, opinion is part of source.. I used the analogy as a spirit control during a physical séance described this as being how most people view God dependant on where they are in life... growing up as my consciousness changed, so did my opinion.. God is all of it... every bit of vibrational energy. The energy encompasses all and all encompasses its energy... from one level I was once a tree from the elemental kingdom therefore would be the seat itself... and from another level, I look forward to one day reaching nirvana where I will have the ultimate God totality experience!

Thank you for increasing my awareness a smidge... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I'm sure God would have loads of opinions, and plenty of truths to contribute to the dialog that would emerge in the group. We may find she loves everybody but doesn't necessarily like everybody. She doesn't need or want to forgive us, but may encourage us to forgive one another. I imaging she has a personality all of her own, and is capable of having a laugh and insulting sebsitive people with un pc jokes and stories. I imaging everybody would behave better towards others just by being aware of her presence. Probably the reason she doesn't reveal herself in this life at least.

• Advertisement

Hey thanks for your replies,.. I agree with everyone as Every atom, opinion is part of source.. I used the analogy as a spirit control during a physical séance described this as being how most people view God dependant on where they are in life... growing up as my consciousness changed, so did my opinion.. God is all of it... every bit of vibrational energy. The energy encompasses all and all encompasses its energy... from one level I was once a tree from the elemental kingdom therefore would be the seat itself... and from another level, I look forward to one day reaching nirvana where I will have the ultimate God totality experience !

Thank you for increasing my awareness a smidge... :)

Hi Rayanne
    Here's another smidge of awareness for you, nirvana is only ever experienced NOW, stop looking forward, look within, how can you reach where you haven't left ! just feel love flowing from yourself and you join with the ultimate God totality experience, thinking that you will reach it one day in the future is a thought of separation and keeps it at arms length and beyond you reach.

Happy Every Day
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hi Angelman,

Thank you for your response
    I am awake here and now and it is daytime.. so I believe tonight I will be asleep so I have awareness of time... I am also aware that there is no linear time in other dimensions... I am in human form so I am separate with a spiritual connection to God.. that I understand.. I have love and I experience it.. therefore beating part of Gods heart.

Again I am expressing different thought forms which also is individual parts of the full scheme of things.. I need to experience part of as well as whole.. like I need to experience light and day, black and white.. I spiritually progress and am not perfect so again all in experience. I have experienced ultimate states of consciousness, totality, bliss, other dimensions that this world cannot describe etc but it is my opinion that I wouldn't be here on earth if I didn't need to progress as earth is the school playground for growth...

I will strive to keep growing, the day I need no growth will be the day I hit nirvana.. imho :o)

but thank you for your response.. we are all part of one, so therefore your opinion is mine too (on some micro level...lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

If you think you have to grow, then you think there is something to achieve. If there was something to achieve, then there would be a goal. If there was a goal then there would be an end. How could something ever end when it never even started in the first place?

When you start to think of God as something, he suddenly becomes something that he is not. If he is something not then he is something else. Whatever seems to be on this side it also appears on that side. Instead of thinking of Him as either this or that, you might want to think of Him as also this and also that.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The problem with understanding what god is, is that once people think they know, it becomes doctrine, law, rules, pressure, control. And that's not what god is.

I think essentially, if you think you finally know what god is, start again.

The problem with understanding what god is, is that once people think they know, it becomes doctrine, law, rules, pressure, control. And that's not what god is.

I think essentially, if you think you finally know what god is, start again.

There is a world of difference between Knowing and Knowledge. Thinking is ego/human and is Knowledge based, only spirit will Know god/love/light/peace.

Happy Every Day
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

To me, God is my conscience, not my consciousness. It is that little niggling voice in the back of my head guiding me to do what is good. I do not see God as a person. Sometimes I struggle with even believing any of it! Religions use a male benevolent figures to describe 'God', but I think it's really a metaphor for what 'God' is. It's a way for us to try to grasp the concept of 'God'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 omnix

Hi All. I've been pondering the question, "What is God", or "Who is God" since I was around 8 years old, I'm 37 now. It's a wonderful question to get your teeth into and have a good think and I still enjoy asking it of myself and others.

My own idea of God has evolved over the years. Right now I think of God as the ultimate expression of omnipotent, conscious pure love. I believe it, He or She can take many forms. Crucially I do not believe that God interferes with life on Earth. I do not blame God for how life plays itself out but I do however think that God can affect people directly, and also collectively (as we are all one and connected through God).

What I find incredibly interesting are peoples descriptions of near death experiences, some of which contain face to face meetings with God. Here is one such story : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QczXATqjS7U

Fascinating question. All I know for certain is that I love God with all my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭roosh

What is your opinion??

not sure I understand the question. My personal understanding is that God is the universe, nothing more, nothing less. "We" are part of this universe, yet the universe is much more than just "us". The realisation of this unity and the release of attachment to "our selves" is, in my opinion, what religions [originally] and spiritual teachings point towards. Practices like meditation are the vehicle by which we can attain this realisation and non-attachment.

Advertisement