Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camp Areas that Allow Open Fires

Options
  • 11-12-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone know of any camping areas in Ireland that allow "traditional" campfires (Not a fire in a BBQ)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RICHIE.39

thefrank wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any camping areas in Ireland that allow "traditional" campfires (Not a fire in a BBQ)?

River valley camping in Wicklow, am certain that's the name. We were there a couple years back and there were some people roasting a pig on a spit by the river. Little or no fuel so you'd have to bring your own I'd say. As far as I know they only let you make the fire there though by the water. Hope this helps.

thefrank wrote: »

River valley camping in Wicklow, am certain that's the name. We were there a couple years back and there were some people roasting a pig on a spit by the river. Little or no fuel so you'd have to bring your own I'd say. As far as I know they only let you make the fire there though by the water. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

RICHIE.39 wrote: »

Hidden Valley it's called and it's in Rathdrum. You can have fires on the stone beach by the river but they have to be out by 11pm. They sell firewood in the shop on site.
    http://www.irelandholidaypark.com/

River Valley is in Redcross and no fires are allowed.

Cheers for clearing that up Orion. Sorry about the mis-information. Was 2 or 3 yrs ago and the only reason we came across it was because my brother thought he had booked us in there but in fact had booked us into river valley! When I saw the pig on a spit and the kayak facilities on site I was depressed having to leave haha. But truth be told we had great fun in river valley. No hassle, plenty of space and facilities and freedom for the kids to play around. Again sorry for the slip up there in names O.P. :-)

Cheers for clearing that up Orion. Sorry about the mis-information. Was 2 or 3 yrs ago and the only reason we came across it was because my brother thought he had booked us in there but in fact had booked us into river valley! When I saw the pig on a spit and the kayak facilities on site I was depressed having to leave haha. But truth be told we had great fun in river valley. No hassle, plenty of space and facilities and freedom for the kids to play around. Again sorry for the slip up there in names O.P. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 thefrank

@Orion & @ RICHIE.39

Thanks for your help! I'll be looking in to Hidden Valley for our next camping trip - cheers!

Advertisement