Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smartphone with removable battery - advice needed

Options
  • 11-12-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hello

I’m looking for Android PAYG phone with removable battery, 5” screen, TV-out, decent camera, GPS for around 500 eur.
    Its not easy to find smartphone with removable battery! So far its Samsung Note 3 and S4.

Although Note 3 at £488.98 (see link below) is over the budget still its better value comparing to say Vodafone where it costs around 660 eur. Also on amazon its sim-free.
    Any other suggestions for PAYG smartphone with removable battery and above spec?

I’ve bought a lot of stuff from amazon, but never mobile phone. Any risks buying Note 3 from amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-N9005-Smartphone/dp/B00FFR6WYG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2SDYH2FTRXIZH&coliid=I1RESUY734XYIO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

No issues ordering a phone off Amazon, it's the one place I feel totally comfortable buying expensive items. Looks like a good price too (it's on PhonesOnline.ie for €649) and the UK price works out about €590.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kozak

Thanks for your reply.
    My concern is about warranty support. I had faulty mobile once, brought it back to the Meteor, fault fixed in 1 week.

Not sure how this works with amazon, probably have to pay shipping charges? Anybody had experience with amazon warranty support ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

I'd imagine one could go direct to Samsung for warrenty issues. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Would ya wait for the new htc one.

Iv a Samsung s3 and find the build poor. Htc seems to have a better take on Android system too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

kozak wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.
    My concern is about warranty support. I had faulty mobile once, brought it back to the Meteor, fault fixed in 1 week.

Not sure how this works with amazon, probably have to pay shipping charges? Anybody had experience with amazon warranty support ?
    Warranty is linked to the IMEI as well, I had a Nokia E65 a few years back and a place in Finglas serviced it for me for free because it was under warranty.

• Advertisement

Do you know if new htc one has removable battery? When it is due to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Htc seems to have a better take on Android system too

How do you come to that conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I owned both and find the htc version easyer to use and smoother.

Was never completely happy with the samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Would ya wait for the new htc one.

Iv a Samsung s3 and find the build poor. Htc seems to have a better take on Android system too

There is no chance the new HTC has a removable battery.

I've got the HTC One having had a S3, there is no comparison, the HTC is in a different league in terms of build quality.

To be fair quite a few reviews state a preference for Sense over Touchwiz. It comes down to preference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

To be fair quite a few reviews state a preference for Sense over Touchwiz. It comes down to preference though.

Or one can use a custom launcher (I have a preference for Apex) and choose your own interface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Ionised wrote: »
    Or one can use a custom launcher (I have a preference for Apex) and choose your own interface.

Using a custom launcher only alters the homescreen and app drawer. Things like the notification bar/dropdown menu and phone settings can't be changed. Personally I prefer the Sense 5 notification/dropdown menu but I know some who prefer having the quick switches that TW has in its notification bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't like how there is only two soft keys on the HTC one. 3 should be minimum. I have the NOte 2 and never had any problems with it. S2 before that. Will go Samsung again in my next phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Get the Note 2 on Amazon. It ticks all your boxes. Currently priced at £354.00.

You can then buy the official mhl adapter made by Samsung from amazon also for around £10 — http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0080CXSOU/ (the s3 one will work fine).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 watalee

Buy Note 3 and you will be very satisfied. trust me, i had Note 2,Nexus 4, BB9930, Note 1, galaxy s4 and using Note 3 now.

Has anybody bought from this site? NOTE 3 for 479 EUR seems too good to be true!

NOTE 3 = 479 EUR http://eglobalcentral.eu/mobiles-and-tablets/mobile-phones/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

kozak wrote: »
    Has anybody bought from this site? NOTE 3 for 479 EUR seems too good to be true!

NOTE 3 = 479 EUR http://eglobalcentral.eu/mobiles-and-tablets/mobile-phones/

Registered last October via a UK internet registration service, company is a P.O. box in Melbourne, Australia!

Advertisement