Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text message scam ?

Options
  • 11-12-2013 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Just got a text , " call me now urgently " phone number 0056322553757 , another scam I presume ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sednageek

Mine was "Dear customer, today is your luuccky daay, call uus nooow at 0056322553757, cordially." Its from Chile south america!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I would say so, I just got the same one - although mine had "ugeently" in it ;)

Hope no one gets caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Yeah got txt at 8.12am - "Call me noow ugeently".
    Like fcuk I will

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Got one from same number yesterday "Call me noow ugeently"

• Advertisement

Well I just texted people I know warning them and posted a message on Facebook too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brianer17

Got the same message this morning scam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Got this too "call me noow ugeently 0056322553757"

Let's get people warned about this so no one falls for it.

Could everyone take a screen shot of the message and email it, forward it by text message or put it in Facebook to alert people to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

Fell for it :/ woke up this morning to the text, without my glasses on and thought i saw an 086 number (was clearly still asleep). Assumed it was my sister trying to get hold of me from someone else's phone.

When I rang it a machine said ' Congratulations, you have won..' and then I hung up straightaway.
    I hope my credit isn't going to be drained by these scammers.
    Let's hope nobody else is as stupid as me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Let's get people warned about this so no one falls for it.

Could everyone take a screen shot of the message and email it, forward it by text message or put it in Facebook to alert people to it.

Just put it up on Mrs F's business Facebook page. Seems some of her followers got it too.

FunTimess wrote: »
    Fell for it :/ woke up this morning to the text, without my glasses on and thought i saw an 086 number (was clearly still asleep). Assumed it was my sister trying to get hold of me from someone else's phone.

When I rang it a machine said ' Congratulations, you have won..' and then I hung up straightaway.
    I hope my credit isn't going to be drained by these scammers.
    Let's hope nobody else is as stupid as me!

Ah no! :-(

Hopefully you won't be charged anything more than a few sec call

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

Got this today too. Wonder how they got my number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Only got it about half an hour ago with that exact message "call me noow ugeently".This eejit(ì.e. Me) called it and all I heard was one beep sound.Luckily enough me credit wasn't touched,so I'd say whoever/whatever responsible might have been rumbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

dohboy wrote: »
    Got this today too. Wonder how they got my number?

Good question.

How DO the scammers get our numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Seasan wrote: »
    Good question.

How DO the scammers get our numbers?

Random number generator. Phone numbers are kind of predicable....

maybe, or survey companies sharing information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Phone numbers can be picked up through wifi or your internet if you have background data on.

Walking past The Courtyard Restaurant in Rathgar, I got a promotional text from them!

Advertisement