Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone help me remember!

Options
  • 11-12-2013 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

First time poster in this forum.
    I wonder if someone can put me out of my misery.

I'm a big fan of One Foot in the Grave and I'm racking my brains all day trying to think of the name of the episode (Christmas special) where Victor volunteers at a soup kitchen on Christmas Day, leaving Margaret alone at home.
    After Victor's finished helping, someone holds him and the priest hostage for hours.

I've searched online, through the One Foot in the Grave Wiki page but none of the descriptions mention this storyline at all.
    Anyone know it?

It was definitely a Christmas one because Victor was volunteering on Christmas Day.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ah, I love One Foot in The Grave - it's a very underrated show.

That was the 1990 Christmas Special 'Who's Listening?'. The Kidnapping is towards the end of the episode (about 37 minutes in).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Skid X wrote: »
    Ah, I love One Foot in The Grave - it's a very underrated show.

That was the 1990 Christmas Special 'Who's Listening?'. The Kidnapping is towards the end of the episode (about 37 minutes in).

Thank you so much! I actually started watching this episode earlier but I got about 8 minutes in before deciding it wasn't the right episode.

Thanks a mill....and yes it's very overrated. One of my all-time favourite shows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

fussyonion wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I actually started watching this episode earlier but I got about 8 minutes in before deciding it wasn't the right episode.

Thanks a mill....and yes it's very overrated. One of my all-time favourite shows :)

No problem at all :) It is funny how Victor gets kidnapped, and it doesn't even warrant a mention in the episode description
    Victor's wrong-number entry in a catalogue's order column results in the accidental delivery of 263 3-foot-tall garden gnomes. The Meldrews become acquainted with a vicar who thinks he has lost his faith, and Victor learns more about a video-store worker with whom he had a conflict.

I watched it again last night after you posted, still as good as ever :)

Advertisement