Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping Spanish ???

Options
  • 10-12-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Well heres my story,

I have 7 subjects (all at higher level) for my leaving cert and LCVP, making it 8. I'm aiming for 465 in the leaving to go onto UCD.

I'm very seriously considering dropping higher level spanish as we have 6 classes a week in this and only 2 in LCVP, as i feel i could get a distinction in LCVP (70 points) if i put in the work and learn exam questions as i already have a pretty good portfolio done. Would it be worth my while dropping spanish and putting work into my other subjects, as LCVP would be finished with in May leaving me time to concentrate on the others (especially with higher level maths)???
    It doesn't effect my entry requirements also!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

The ordinary level Spanish is a lot easier, and so this would obviously free up time for other subjects. If you need any help with Spanish, a useful website here....

http://spanishgrindsonline.blogspot.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can drop any subject you like by not going in for the exam/oral/project element, but your school may still require you to attend the classes as they may not have supervision cover for you.

Make sure if you are certain you will not sit it, that you do not do the oral as once there is a mark in the system for your exam number you will get a grade on your results sheet.

Be sure also that it is not an entry requirement for college.

Advertisement