Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallabies to face GB Rugby League Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

All sorts of wrong. Hopefully it won't happen. Would fancy the Aussies to win quite handily if it did happen. The overly technical, some would say boring, parts of union and set pieces would mean a battering for GB in that code, and with union fully pro now, the edge GB might have had with fitness is all but gone meaning a tight league half maybe Aussies even sneaking that.

And why GB? That's just England renamed anyway more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Jeez.... I really hope this subject don't come up in the pub on Friday. I await all the "Your lot will get murdered in the scrum, killed in the rucks and mauls, disgraced at the lineouts, blah blah 5h1te" I personally think it should never be allowed to happen, even if only for the sake of my quiet pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Christ i hope thats not true....

*edit*it is true...gimmicky bull in my opinion. Wish they'd just revive the league GB Lions tour. League is crying out for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

In the mid 90's the Pie Eaters had a couple of games against Bath, one under each set of rules. I was at the Maine road one and witnessed Wigan run amok in an absolute try-fest. 80 0dd points to 6 if I recall. Offiah had about 6 tries, Billy Whizz had a couple and everyone else had a go too.
    bath then returned the routing with a 44-19 beating at Twickenham under union rules.

All it did was provide a days entertainment and was good fun for all. No one could deny that union players played better union football and league players played better league football and that the two codes each have their own merits. We all agreed, however, that it beats soccer any day....lol.
    Maybe the Russell Crowe links with Limerick(via Richard Harris) would bring his Rabbitoh team over for a match against Munster?

Advertisement