Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Vodafone a Censorious ISP?

Options
  • 10-12-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm thinking about moving over to Vodafone and I'm wondering if, in your experience, they block particular sites etc.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

OcocO wrote: »
    I'm thinking about moving over to Vodafone and I'm wondering if, in your experience, they block particular sites etc.

Thank you.

In the same effort it took to post here you could have Googled how to get around any block, that shows just how ineffective any block is. The answer to your question is yes, they along with others were ordered to block thepiratebay. You'll be around that in 30seconds, Google is your friend, we can't tell you here.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/high-court-order-block-pirate-bay-948503-Jun2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

smee again wrote: »
    In the same effort it took to post here you could have Googled how to get around any block, that shows just how ineffective any block is. The answer to your question is yes, they along with others were ordered to block thepiratebay. You'll be around that in 30seconds, Google is your friend, we can't tell you here.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/high-court-order-block-pirate-bay-948503-Jun2013/

I'm currently not with one of the "big 6" mentioned in the article and so have never experienced a block. I had been told about thepiratebay by a friend, but thanks for confirming it and providing the link. Workarounds are easily found as you point out but I have been hesitating because I thought the blocking might have gone further, or might soon be in the future. Even though circumventing them isn't difficult, it's more the principle that gets under my skin - first blocking then monitoring etc., where does it end? For that reason I'm glad to learn that the mandate comes from the high court and not from within Vodafone.

Advertisement