Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy card sleeves

Options
  • 10-12-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Looking to put sleeves on some of my games, like King of Tokyo, pandemic and Dominion. Anyone know any where to get them cheap since I would need several 100.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

richie.c wrote: »
    Looking to put sleeves on some of my games, like King of Tokyo, pandemic and Dominion. Anyone know any where to get them cheap since I would need several 100.

Thanks

You can pick them up in Gamers World on Jervis St at the counter, or order from boardgamer.ie, or for odd sized cards I order from Amazon.

I just use them on card games where a scuffed card would ruin the game mechanics... like in the resistance, saboteur, love letter, mascarade etc.

I did once entertain the idea of sleeving everything but after trying one game, it is time consuming! Plus decks of sleeved cards tend to be slippy, especially when shuffling... so be prepared to spend a lot of time picking up stuff off the ground... and good luck with Dominion :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

boardgamer.ie is fairly expensive for card sleeves at 2euro for 50. Would cost 20euro + shipping to sleeve dominion, the game is only 40euro. What are the prices in Gamer's World like.

Came across these, http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=161&name=100+Euro+Card+Sleeves&cat=48&sub_cat=40#.Uqisvif2DMw
    Seems better value would cost about 14euro to sleeve dominion. Anyone used the site before?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

I think Gamers World are around 2 or 3 quid a pack as well. Some packs have 100 sleeves though.

I've actually gotten sleeves through boardgameextras for Mascarade... forgot about them, they were good to deal with and postage was quick.
    richie.c wrote: »
    boardgamer.ie is fairly expensive for card sleeves at 2euro for 50. Would cost 20euro + shipping to sleeve dominion, the game is only 40euro. What are the prices in Gamer's World like.

Came across these, http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=161&name=100+Euro+Card+Sleeves&cat=48&sub_cat=40#.Uqisvif2DMw
    Seems better value would cost about 14euro to sleeve dominion. Anyone used the site before?

Thanks, I think I will try boardgameextras.

So the sleeves arrived (got the mayday ones). Took about an hour for my Daughter and I to sleeve up dominion. 2 of the 500 sleeves were cut wrong and wouldn't fit.

Have played two games since sleeving and 2 of them split in the first shuffle. They have been fine since.
    They all still fit in the box however the copper cards need to split into 2 sections.
    They are nice to play with and shuffle easily. Overall I am reasonably pleased, hopefully the split ones were a one off due to the way the kids were shuffling their cards.

I got sleeves for a few other games but haven't tried them yet.

One nice feature on the website is you just select your game and it automatically selects the correct size and amount of sleeves required.

• Advertisement
Advertisement