Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Bike Trails Galway

Options
  • 10-12-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey everyone!
    Looking for some trails around Galway, my only problem is that I don't have a car and I'm based in the city centre, so I'm looking for trails that wouldn't take much more than an hour to cycle to.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 emt16

there's trails in Moycullen. Nothing major but could pass an hour

http://connemaramtb.com/local-trails/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Citylink and Bus Éireann allow bicycles on their Clifden routes. Derroura, Rosscahill, Doon, Moycullen all on that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

^^^^ This

MTB'ing is great craic but most of those bikes are not geared for road use at all. If your coming from the city centre you'd be on the bike for a couple of hours before you got to Derroura / Rosscahill and you'd be knackered. You need to get a lift out to these places. Been on Derroura twice this Xmas - great trail. Its the furthest one out about 7k outside Oughterard and Rosscahill is closer - between Moycullen and Oughterard. Like Micilin says, Bus is your best option if no car is available.

Good luck with it!

Advertisement