Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI connection not working - DVD to TV

• 10-12-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

I have a Silvercrest DVD Player that had been connected to a TV with a SCART cable. I have just moved this player to a Samsung TV but with the intend on using it with an HDMI cable instead. However I can not get this to work.

When I connect up the HDMI cable from the player; the TV it it clearly is aware of the connection as the previously 'greyed out' HDMI source becomes active, but shortly after a message stating that no device has been found, check the cables and connections.

The cable is a V1.4 cable and is brand new. As far as I am aware I should not need to do anything else other than plug in the cable at both ends and select the source; which is HDMI-2. If I move the cable to the HDMI-3 port I get an identical situation for that source.

Any advice would would be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

Just as a follow up to the above and maybe as some help to others with similar issues. The problem is solved. The cause of the problem was the handshake between the DVD player and the TV, they just weren't talking.

I found advice online that suggested that if you select the DVD Source on the TV and then turn on the DVD you may force the handshake to take place. Pressing setup or menu buttons also at this time may also do it. That's exactly what did the job. It suddenly sprung to live, so all is well.

Advertisement