Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been successful in getting Wimbledon tickets through the ballot??

Options
  • 09-12-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm wondering if anyone has had the experience of getting tickets for Wimbledon through the ballot. Reason I'm asking is, I want to enter the ballot and was planning on entering a few times by using my siblings' postal addresses. The Wimbldeon site suggests the system is really strict and that if I arrive over to pick up tickets that are for a different person (my brother for example) they might refuse.
    So, I'm wondering if they are really that strict in reality???

Thanks a lot:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

They've changed the ticketing system this year.

Overseas applications (i.e. anyone not in the UK) are open.

Ticket info.

I won tickets in the ballot this year. Arrived in the post in May, I think. Fourth time's a charm!:) They didn't ask me to show I.D. when I arrived with my tickets. But it could change now since you have to collect your tickets on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

The ballot definitely works- I got final tickets last year! Incredible that we got them and the match turned out to be just a little bit historic.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

smurfs5 wrote: »
    The ballot definitely works- I got final tickets last year! Incredible that we got them and the match turned out to be just a little bit historic.. :)

The ballot is closed for overseas applications now.

The ballot is closed for overseas applications now.

Yeah, just realised that after I posted !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Yeah, just realised that after I posted !

Did you enjoy the final anyway? I'd say it was a great atmosphere! How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

Did you enjoy the final anyway? I'd say it was a great atmosphere! How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

It was amazing. The crowd were brilliant, everyone was so excited and there was such a great buzz throughout the match - the result was fantastic as well. Any future visits will be hard to beat that!

We paid £125 for each ticket.

For CC and No.1 Court tickets during the 1st week, it's obviously cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I got Men's QFs tickets last year for Court 1. They were £80. Really good seats too!

Advertisement