Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M-Audio M-Track Interface for recording vocals?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I am planning on recording vocals with a Rode NT1-A mic but need a way of connecting it to my Mac.

After a bit of research the M-Audio M-Track Interface seems the way to go. I am just wondering though is it the right choice and will I run into any problems with it.

I will be using Garage Band or Logic Pro 9 for recording. Should also be using a acoustic guitar in the future.

Basically I just want something that wont break the bank and with give near enough studio quality recordings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Moved from Singing and Vocals

OP please read the charter before posting again.

Thanks,
    Wurly

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Oh sorry im quite new to boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

This portion of the market is quite big and crowded. I certanly wouldn't say there is any clear way to go. Personally, I have been a Focusrite user for many years from Firewire Saffires and USB Scarletts for mobile monitoring and recording uses.

That makes me a bit biased but I have been very pleased with the quality of the preamps and converters.

I would go for a Saffire USB 6 as the Scarlett 2i2 or 2i4 is not as well built as the Saffires and the more advanced Scarletts that shared the same housing.

Anyway, without getting into it too much you would do very well with a Focusrite so you should check out some reviews :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

Advertisement