Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 tablet v ipad mini

Options
  • 09-12-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

HI,

Looking for advice on this. I want to get my BF a tablet. The Nexus appears to be one of the better tablets on the market currently at RRP E220. The Ipad minii OTOH is E100 more expensive.

If I get the Nexus I can get a couple of other things with the extra E100.

Howver the BF has an Iphone.

I wouldn't say he is a big must-have apple- kinda guy and he only chose the Iphone cos it came free with a new sign up.

HOWEVER.... should I just stick with Apple? Kinda kills me that it's so much more expensive than Ipad mni. At the end of the day, BF doesn''t have a laptop/ notebook of his own and is constantly surfing on the Iphone so I would like to get the tablet for bigger screen etc and can't afford an Ipad/ laptop.

Was hoping to keep within mu budget of E300 ish but I know he's dying for a new rubgy jersey too. All help welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

New Nexus 7 (deal on Groupon right now) is miles ahead of the iPad Mini, I think he will have no problem adjusting to it and as you said, he's not a Apple fanatic so if it was me - I'd love the tablet + the jersey ;)

PS: Setup a new iPad mini yesterday, the Nexus actually feels better made and just as light.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kate253

thanks so much! i have heard a few reviews claiming its the best value one and as you say, I can get more for my 300 bucks.

I have a reserve order for it on Argus til wed and wanted to make sure.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Kate253 wrote: »
    thanks so much! i have heard a few reviews claiming its the best value one and as you say, I can get more for my 300 bucks.

I have a reserve order for it on Argus til wed and wanted to make sure.:)
    It is and the screen is stunning on it, topped with Android 4.4 which is even more beautiful - he won't be disappointed ;)

Advertisement