Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App to Disable Apps?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Has anyone developed an app that can disable and enable other apps?
    The goal is conserving battery. Task killers just don't seem to be very good. All of the Task Killers I have tried have the same problem: they kill services just fine but 2 minutes later they are all running again.
    Maybe I missing something very simple here?
    I'm looking for an app that can be set up to disable everything bar the dialler and text services, in one handy click.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What device do you have?

This hasnt been an issue on android since about 4.0 if i recall. Android monitors rogue apps itself and controls them quite successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Juice Defender - there is Free version, the Pro and Ultimate versions (for a price). Work really well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭corkie

Titanium Backup * root pro version can freeze apps for you!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You're fighting a losing battle. It's a smartphone, so you can expect 24-36 hours battery and no more.

I have separate chargers in 3 places (home, work and car). If I'm running low, I plug it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

listermint wrote: »
    What device do you have?

This hasnt been an issue on android since about 4.0 if i recall. Android monitors rogue apps itself and controls them quite successfully.

HTC One. Its not rogue apps exactly. Twitter, facebook, google+, google play etc
    I dont want to have to turn off location settings and sync settings for these apps every time I need to save some power.
    ATM I'm using Advance Task Manager with aggressive kill level and half hour frequency. But these apps are restarting after 2 mins so thats effectively 4 mins every hour without them running in the background.
    Freezing apps sounds like what Im after but I haven't rooted my phone (yet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

Thanks bedlam and corkie. Titanium Backup's freeze option and Greenify appear to be exactly what I was looking for. Just the small matter of rooting now :)

Advertisement