Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move Contacts from SG3 to Nexus 5

Options
  • 09-12-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I would transfer my contacts from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Google Nexus 5?

Rgds.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Are your contacts "Google " contacts? If so then simply login into the new phone using your Google Account and they will sync automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hi Laoisfan,

Thank you but they are not Google contacts.

D.

You have a few options.

#1. Change all your contacts to Google contacts on your S3 then sync yada yada yada

or

#2. Copy2Sim app in Google Play Store...which does as it says.

Even a Dummy can follow that ;)

This may or may not be useful to you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.happydroid.contacts&hl=en

OR

Export all contacts from phone to sd card. Next import from sd card and select google account as target. Finally, go to the contact view settings and show google contacts and uncheck view phone contacts. Do this on S3. Once your Google contacts sync you can them login to your N5 and they will resync.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Dummy wrote: »
    Hi Laoisfan,

Thank you but they are not Google contacts.

D.

Go into contacts on your s3 and select merge with google, then your sorted, contacts will then sync to any Android device you have, plus gmail on all other devices.

imo your best keep everything with google and back up your device to google that way everthing should be the same on all devices, plus if you ever loose or damage a phone all your important stuff and contacts can be quickly restored from the cloud.

If you do choose to use google contacts your best to merge contacts like facebook, twitter etc so the you only have one entry per person, also best place to edit google contacts, is via gmail on a pc or laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thank you both, Laoisfan & Jambo, very much indeed for your advice. I will merge my contacts with google.

Kind Regards,

D.

Advertisement