Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid question re firmware upgrade

Options
  • 09-12-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry to ask such a stupid question but here goes....

My lad received a tablet as a gift. It's a Busbi 7' Dual core tab with a decent enough spec for the price. I was wondering if it is possible to root and update the firmware with some sort of a "vanilla" Android, or does it have to be specifically for that make....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

nicebutdim wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry to ask such a stupid question but here goes....

My lad received a tablet as a gift. It's a Busbi 7' Dual core tab with a decent enough spec for the price. I was wondering if it is possible to root and update the firmware with some sort of a "vanilla" Android, or does it have to be specifically for that make....

Thanks.

I suggest you check on http://phandroid.com/tablets/ and perhaps ask a question there on how to root it and update.

It's probably easy to root it. However, finding a ROM for it is another story, not exactly a well known make of tablet I'm afraid.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Thanks folks. Kinda thought that but was hoping I was wrong. Still I'll have a least 6 months before he knows more than me....

Advertisement