Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone made a mistake

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I'm wondering can I get out of this Vodafone contract,
    what happened was when I went through the whole process of setting up my
    contract Vodafone rang me a few days after and said I gave them an out of date ID and that they'll ban my number if I don't get them one that's in date, I haven't given them one and I'm not going to but they don't seem to be banning my number can I get out of the contract easy? note that it was their fault they didn't notice that it was out of date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh it sounds like you were the one with the mistake using an invalid ID.
    Did you sign papers?

Why do you want to get out of the contract now? Did you find a better deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

Why did u get the contract if u didn't want it. Or did u just want a free phone.
    What's the problem with giving them the new in date id unless of course u have something to hide maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

Why did u get the contract if u didn't want it. Or did u just want a free phone.
    What's the problem with giving them the new in date id unless of course u have something to hide maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

They could ban your number but keep charging you. You are in contract if you signed the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

contract Vodafone rang me a few days after and said I gave them an out of date ID and that they'll ban my number if I don't get them one that's in date, I haven't given them one and I'm not going to but they don't seem to be banning my number can I get out of the contract easy? note that it was their fault they didn't notice that it was out of date.

OP - if you want to get out of a contract its simple ….. you give back the phone in the same condition it was given to you and you pay the cancellation fee for the remainder of the contract term…..and hey presto you are out of the contract !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Super_Silver

Yea my plan was to get a good phone for cheap and stay in the contract until it was over cause I wanna go to three for the unlimited data and as off now I don't have in in date ID

Yea my plan was to get a good phone for cheap and stay in the contract until it was over cause I wanna go to three for the unlimited data and as off now I don't have in in date ID

3 may have unlimited data but the signal is so bad it's not worth the hassle .
    Would not recommend it

lucky333 wrote: »
    3 may have unlimited data but the signal is so bad it's not worth the hassle .
    Would not recommend it

I know people that have it and the signal is good and soon they'll be getting 4g

I know a lot of ppl on it and truly not 1 person is happy with it. But each to there own, good luck with it, hope you have better results

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I know people that have it and the signal is good and soon they'll be getting 4g

Noone believes you :pac:

They could start by getting 2g first.

• Advertisement

srsly78 wrote: »
    Noone believes you :pac:

They could start by getting 2g first.

It's really not that bad I mean what do ye consider bad because I've seen it have at least 3-4 mbps on some crap phone and with unlimited that's ok

Corkbah wrote: »
    OP - if you want to get out of a contract its simple ….. you give back the phone in the same condition it was given to you and you pay the cancellation fee for the remainder of the contract term…..and hey presto you are out of the contract !!

I don't want to do that I want to keep the phone and I don't have the money to pay the whole cancellation fee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Go look at the 3 forum. Note how the same complaints crop up over and over again (2g/3g switchover). They do nothing to fix this.

3g does not penetrate buildings well, 2g does. 3 have no 2g network, can you guess the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

I don't want to do that I want to keep the phone and I don't have the money to pay the whole cancellation fee

well in my opinion you had your chance to get out of the contract when they phoned about the ID - but unless you told them there and then that you consider this to be a breach of contract then you are more than likely going to find yourself cut off for non-payment of bill and probably have the phone bricked !

but best of luck with it !!

why take out a contract if you want to move to a different network for unlimited data ??? why not go with the other network in the first place …..OP …some advice that was given to me years ago …. if you can't afford it …don't buy it !!

Corkbah wrote: »
    well in my opinion you had your chance to get out of the contract when they phoned about the ID - but unless you told them there and then that you consider this to be a breach of contract then you are more than likely going to find yourself cut off for non-payment of bill and probably have the phone bricked !

but best of luck with it !!

why take out a contract if you want to move to a different network for unlimited data ??? why not go with the other network in the first place …..OP …some advice that was given to me years ago …. if you can't afford it …don't buy it !!

Yea it was my bad that I didn't say it then you are right about that but I wasn't sure then, I can pay the monthly no bother just not the whole thing in one go, would the best thing to do so is get a valid ID and bring it to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

OP, they're not going to cancel your contract for an out of date ID, the only thing getting cancelled for that is the sales rep's commission. They're supposed to check this in the store when people are signing up and they get penalised for submitting incorrect documents to HO. Your contract is active and valid (unfortunately so in your case)

theteal wrote: »
    OP, they're not going to cancel your contract for an out of date ID, the only thing getting cancelled for that is the sales rep's commission. They're supposed to check this in the store when people are signing up and they get penalised for submitting incorrect documents to HO. Your contract is active and valid (unfortunately so in your case)

Actually no that is good from what people were telling me there I taught it was cancelled and everything I just taught it would be easier to get off the contract because they made a mistake I don't mind being on the contract, and I was pretty sure they were in the wrong about the ID cause he should of checked it all he asked for was an ID didn't specify if it had to be in date or not.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 stephenh27

Unfortunately this is not the case, although they state they will will ban your number, they are perfectly entitled to do so whilst at the same time charging you the monthly tariff which you signed up for as part of the contractual agreement. It appears because you didn't provide current7 identification that it is in fact you that is in breach of contract.

Advertisement