Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same issue as before, different user this time

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just want to highlight that the same issue as I brought up here before has happened again to me, over the weekend. I cannot link to it at the moment, as I'm in work and the particular post was deleted. I do have the link to the particular psot at home, which I will post here later if requested to do so. I did report the post on Saturday.

In all fairness to the Mods of the forum, they dealt with the issue quickly, in that they removed the offending post.

I would have posted in the previous thread about this, however, I cannot find it. Search seemingly doesn't work here. Anyway.

How many more times will this be allowed to happen to me before an Admin starts to take it seriously. This is the fourth user this YEAR to use my "real life name" in discourse at me on this site, in a malicious non-friendly manner.

I consider it at this stage, as I did before, to be a form of bullying. It is only ever supporters of one particular club who engage in this behaviour toward me.

I do not believe it to be a concerted campaign, where people have hatched plans. However I do believe it is a form of "one-upmanship" or "haha look at what I did to him lads", combined with a bit of "we know this gets to you, so we are doing it to you because it gets to you".

I do not believe either the mods, CMods or Admins to date have taken this seriosuly, nor do they want to.

The only thing I can think to do is to continue to catalogue the incidents here, becaue really, if all that is being done about people breaking the Boards.ie T&Cs is posts being deleted, then either the T&Cs need changing or people from Mods up, through CMods and Admins need to stop ignoring this issue which is happening to me.

I believe I am being targetted - how can I think otherwise when this same thing has happened to me 4 times already in a year since I closed my account.

I am being targetted, and I believe because of my history that it is not being taken as seriously as it should be.

Am I being paranoid? It's hard not to be when the very same thing happens to me four times, nothing is done about it apart from posts being deleted, and it is allowed to happen time and again without firmer action being taken by anyone with the authority to do so.

I await your reply, with patience.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=833&subforums=1&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%22Des%22

I don't know how someone calling you by your name can be considered "malicious" or "non-friendly" - it's your name...

I don't see any complaints of people using your name in the Team forum which is accessible by all, so if you're happy to be called Des there, then I genuinely don't understand how you can get upset by it when it's done elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Address none of my points, keep the same line as trotted out before.

Thanks for your time.

You and the rest of your team are treating me with contempt because of my history here, that much is clear.

You probably know, privately, that this is, in fact, bullying, and you are tacitly approving it.

Excellent, I will continue to catalogue this blatant disregard for your own T&Cs

I had a reply typed, but forget it.

no point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'm approving your posts because they typify the sort of response we get from you every time we challenge you to prove what you're suggesting is happening. So again I ask, how can this be considered harassment on one forum and perfectly acceptable on another?

How is this different to my issue?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057104604

My issue started when I had my blog linked, someone put 2 and 2 together, started posting my name and I was told to pretty much suck it up by the mods/cmods at the time.

Double standards much?

It's also pretty obvious that you haven't bothered reading any of those posts you linked above, or the ones with which I take issue, so I don't know how you can comment on it in the dismissive, unprofessional way which you have.

It's the way in which it is done which is the problem.

None of my players are maliciously attempting to "out" me, or cause me stress by referring to me by my actual name, meanwhile other people are attempting to "get at" me. But for some reason you are refusing to acknowledge that both situations are different. Well, it's obvious what that reason is, especially when we have one Admin, on another thread stating that it's not ok to break that rule, but then Admins/Staff in here telling me that it's ok for that to happen, and that I should accept it.

Which is it?

Look, it would be better if you'd just admit that you have no wish to deal with this in a proper manner, rather than trying to goad me into saying/typing something that I can be banned for, I'm not going to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Look, it would be better if you'd just admit that you have no wish to deal with this in a proper manner, rather than trying to goad me into saying/typing something that I can be banned for, I'm not going to do that.

For the record, we are quite satisfied that at this point in time that we already have more than enough reason to ban you, so please rest assured that we have no reason to attempt to goad you into saying or typing anything further.

Regarding the rest of your post, and in the vein of your particular posting style, we might address it at some point later after you have answered the question asked of you above by Dav nine days ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement