Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pz S35s on sale for €2

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:36pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For today only they're just 500 gold/€2 in the in-game store, which is 50% off. Or they're €3.72 with a garage slot through the gift shop, which is 33% off:

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/vehicles/?item=326

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

whats it like though?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a neat little tier 3. Good speed, good armour, okay gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I bought it last time it was on sale for 500 gold. Good, fun tank to play but it's been made almost obsolete by my Pz.II Ausf.J.

It's also a medium and not a light tank which makes all the difference when selecting a crew for it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Spear wrote: »
    For today only they're just 500 gold/€2 in the in-game store, which is 50% off. Or they're €3.72 with a garage slot through the gift shop, which is 33% off:

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/vehicles/?item=326

I bought it as I can use it to train up a Medium tank crew in advance of getting me some Tier V-VII German Mediums. (currently I am addicted to my German TD's)

In the mean time it seems to have decent survivability in similar tier match-ups. Only played it about 10 games so far.

On similar note any thoughts on the offer for the German Tier IV Heavy, the B2 740. ~50 Euros for it , a free slot and 15000 Gold? Current price for 14500 Gold is ~50 Euros in the Premium shop. Cant see it ingame so must be only avail through this offer.

Definitely beyond my current wallet. But I hope to have a few German Heavies in the future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tenger wrote: »
    I bought it as I can use it to train up a Medium tank crew in advance of getting me some Tier V-VII German Mediums. (currently I am addicted to my German TD's)

In the mean time it seems to have decent survivability in similar tier match-ups. Only played it about 10 games so far.

On similar note any thoughts on the offer for the German Tier IV Heavy, the B2 740. ~50 Euros for it , a free slot and 15000 Gold? Current price for 14500 Gold is ~50 Euros in the Premium shop. Cant see it ingame so must be only avail through this offer.

Definitely beyond my current wallet. But I hope to have a few German Heavies in the future.

It's got the same gun and turret as the Pz S35, but is tier 4, so be warned. It's a fairly rarely offered tank, since it was remove when the original B1 was added to the French line.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    It's got the same gun and turret as the Pz S35, but is tier 4, so be warned. It's a fairly rarely offered tank, since it was remove when the original B1 was added to the French line.

So novelty value only really...

So novelty value only really...

I don't see much entertainment value in it. It's fine if you planned on buying the gold/credits anyway, but not worth going out of the way for, unless you're a completionist.

Dec 17th

50% discount on Churchill III, Soviet Tier V Heavy.
    4.18 in Euro's

Anyone any experience of this tank?

Played it a couple of times, it's not really my style of tank but others have professed their love for it.

Decent armour (especially when angled) but not sure if the armour has been negated by the easy availability of premium shells now. Fast firing gun (2 secs or something), not great penetration but sufficient.

What are you thinking of buying it for though? As a fun tank, stress reliever, part of a collection or to train up a Soviet heavy crew would be all fine but if you want it for credit grinding I'm not sure a tier V is your best choice.

Aenaes wrote: »
    What are you thinking of buying it for though? As a fun tank, stress reliever, part of a collection or to train up a Soviet heavy crew would be all fine but if you want it for credit grinding I'm not sure a tier V is your best choice.

Was thinking 4 quid is negligible and will allow me to train Heavy crews. My Soviet tech tree is a bit low, currently only at the T-80 and the T-46. Aiming for the T-34-85/T-43 and the KV-1 up to IS line. (And yes I could have just focused on the T-26/T-46 then branched off to both lines)

Not really in the credit grinding frame of mind. I need to get myself firmly into the mid Tiers before I look at where I want to go.

• Advertisement

Okay, just bear in mind you don't need to buy the Churchill today just cos it's 50% off. All premium vehicles will be on discount from 25th December 'til 8th January (including ALL tier II-V premium vehicles at 50% off) so you could wait to compare them all and purchase which one you might feel suits you best.

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/festivities/EoY-Ingame/#toty%20sales

Also, since you're on lowtier Soviet tanks atm, they're on sale 'til 5am 19th December. http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/festivities/march-of-nations

Dec 17th

50% discount on Churchill III, Soviet Tier V Heavy.
    4.18 in Euro's

Anyone any experience of this tank?

I've repeatedly done terrible things using this tank. Things like this:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/392175#highway-thespearman-churchill

Advertisement