Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice resturant in Sandycove

Options
  • 08-12-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Guys

A goof friend of mine just moved to sandycove. I'm from the country and hadn't had a chance to visit. Can anyone recommend a good-verygood restaurant out there as I must get a voucher for an Xmas gift.. please

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,352 ✭✭✭✭ted1

iron man wrote: »
    Guys

A goof friend of mine just moved to sandycove. I'm from the country and hadn't had a chance to visit. Can anyone recommend a good-verygood restaurant out there as I must get a voucher for an Xmas gift.. please

Thanks

Anywhere in Dalkey is good, hartleys in dun laoighre is good as in the one a couple of doors down from Teddy's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

DeVilles in Dalkey is very good and will do a gift voucher.

Le Petit Cochon in Glasthule is very good as well.

Between Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey we are spoilt though and pretty much every restaurant is pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

iron man wrote: »
    Guys

Thanks

if they're fond of fish this is the place http://www.guineapig.dalkey.info/

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭scuba8

If your friend likes Indian cuisine Rasam in Glasthule is one of the finest Indian restaurants in the country.http://www.rasam.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Caviston's in Glasthule if they like fish

Weafer and Coopers is good also for a nice weekend lunch

• Advertisement

i find weafers and coopers to be over priced compared to other places in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

ted1 wrote: »
    i find weafers and coopers to be over priced compared to other places in the area

everywhere is overpriced in that area :pac:

everywhere is overpriced in that area :pac:

I wouldn't agree with that.

Bistro Martello is a little gem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Odells is the only restaurant actually in Sandycove :p And it's excellent too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Odells is the only restaurant actually in Sandycove :p And it's excellent too!

Where are Rasam and Cavistons located then?

Glasthule Village.

Glasthule <> Sandycove

Glasthule <> Sandycove

sandycove is up by Fitzgeralds and the spar. Glasthule is the larger village down further

sandycove is up by Fitzgeralds and the spar. Glasthule is the larger village down further

that's what I meant! Hence, Odells is the only restaurant in Sandycove. Everywhere else mentioned in the thread is foreign, despite some of the newer Glasthulers casting envious eyes up the road.

Glasthule is only sandycove to estate agents.

Glasthule is only sandycove to estate agents.

and CIE (as was).

there was uproar when the DART station was renamed to "Sandycove" in the 80s. It has of course since been changed back to the more inclusive, and geographically incorrect, "Sandycove and Glasthule".

Also, over the years, several of the outlets catering to the type of customer whose head might be turned by that sort of thing, have been known to advertise their address as XX Glasthule Road, Sandycove. Hansel and Gretel were at this caper when I was young, and a quick google confirms the practice is still alive and well :eek:

Sandycove is the only area on the coast that the Dart doesn't pass through. that's Why i always though the station was Sandycove/Glasthule.

My Wife grew up living on Brefini road/Munster Terrace and it was beat in to me that Sandycove and Glasthule are 2 different places ;):)

As Odelles is the only one in Sandycove people like myself named ones within walking distance.

Sandycove is the only area on the coast that the Dart doesn't pass through. that's Why i always though the station was Sandycove/Glasthule.

My Wife grew up living on Brefini road/Munster Terrace and it was beat in to me that Sandycove and Glasthule are 2 different places ;):)

As Odelles is the only one in Sandycove people like myself named ones within walking distance.

I never thought of the whole DART renaming shenanigans in that way before, but it does make sense. However, I hope the Mrs Ted1 doesn't see this thread and give you the thrashing that you deserve for conflating the two. I grew up a few yards down the road from Munster Terrace, and they were a fearsome lot back then.

PS don't get me started on the whole Breffni Road/Sandycove Road farrago.

:D

Advertisement