Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else getting a bit overwhelmed?

Options
  • 08-12-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello everyone!
    Just lately, I've been feeling so down about this whole Leaving Cert craic, I get so stressed about the fact that I'm not stressed, I get an impossible amount of homework every night and I haven't started study yet. I am a complete mess. Please someone tell me they're the same so I'm not all on my own in this boat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

im the same except doing well enough , on track to get what i need but im not pushing myself at all and feel guilty and have no motivation to study at all. bit of a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Hello everyone!
    Just lately, I've been feeling so down about this whole Leaving Cert craic, I get so stressed about the fact that I'm not stressed, I get an impossible amount of homework every night and I haven't started study yet. I am a complete mess. Please someone tell me they're the same so I'm not all on my own in this boat!
    You're not alone HowPedantic , I'm feeling he exact same way at the moment -_- I can't even get the motivation to do all my homework most nights and forget study! Hopefully if we just keep plugging away we'll make it through!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

In the same boat! I'm on top of most of my subjects, barring honours maths cos it's next to impossible (aiming for a D1 for points), I've got zero motivation to study and I haven't even started! Most people in my year have already started..I plan on doing some over Christmas using some sites online, but how much I'll do I will never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Do you guys have christmas exams? If you do just studt for them for the time being and you'll be grand. If not then lucky you! Just make sure you do your homework.
    I know it's a cliche but don't worry about the mocks. In fact it can be better to do badly in them as they can serve as a good kick up the arse.
    For the mocks, don't sweat about getting everything covered because you won't. Take the sections of the paper that always come up and cover those well. For example, in biology, dna,genetics,photosynthesis/respiration, ecology, human reproduction and in english, I would put my house on heaney coming up, also one of the major characters in Macbeth always comes up i.e. Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, Banquo or Macduff.

I am terrible at plans and rarely stick to thrm but if you sit down and do out a rough schedule of everything you need to do, you will see that the workload is a lot more manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

It's normal to feel stressed - I remember it myself two years ago! I hadn't studied 'much', but I did stress on how little I had done and how much time was left, and also hearing how much other people had done.

Concentrate on your Christmas exams for the moment, have a few days off during the holidays to relax. In the New Year, come at the big LC headstrong! It'll all pick up then, I'm telling you. :)

• Advertisement

It's normal to feel stressed - I remember it myself two years ago! I hadn't studied 'much', but I did stress on how little I had done and how much time was left, and also hearing how much other people had done.

Concentrate on your Christmas exams for the moment, have a few days off during the holidays to relax. In the New Year, come at the big LC headstrong! It'll all pick up then, I'm telling you. :)

Thank you! I plan on using the mocks as a time management test, especially for that dreaded English exam. If I do badly in them, I know it'll motivate me to do even better in the actual (happened for JC). Anyways, after the mocks, our school are taking us out on a retreat of some sort to help relieve stress..should be great! Plan on digging into study after the New Year, especially for those Orals.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

I'm doing a horrific job with the study... I've been getting so much homework since September that it's a slog to get through just that let alone starting to study. I was stressed to bits over my Christmas tests and studied/crammed so so much yet the results I've got back so far have all been massively underwhelming (including my 2 best subjects) and it's seriously knocking my confidence :(

I've made myself take up a pass subject since getting my results to reduce some stress but I guess I just gotta practice between now and the Mocks...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

At this stage teachers will be trying to finish courses so you can the mocks knowing all the course. After the mocks finish, it will be mostly revision in most of your classes, which is a lot easier than doing new stuff.

The period before and christmas is the worst. If you can get through it the rest of the year isn't as tough or stressful

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HowPedantic

At least I'm not alone in my worry! I just about have time to do my homework in the evenings, let alone study for hours!

I plan on burying myself into study after Christmas, starting with those damn French tenses!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

I'm doing a horrific job with the study... I've been getting so much homework since September that it's a slog to get through just that let alone starting to study. I was stressed to bits over my Christmas tests and studied/crammed so so much yet the results I've got back so far have all been massively underwhelming (including my 2 best subjects) and it's seriously knocking my confidence :(

I've made myself take up a pass subject since getting my results to reduce some stress but I guess I just gotta practice between now and the Mocks...

Be careful with this. Years, Years and years ago I was advised to drop down to pass in a particular subject. I told myself I'd rather fail the leaving cert and repeat and well I ended up getting a high honors mark in it.

At this time of the year people can overly stress out and make bad judgments. On this one I made the right call.

Plan the rest of your year out in stages with plenty of time at the end to do macro revision and all will be ok in the end. It will be ok whatever happens anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HowPedantic

I plan on burying myself into study after Christmas, starting with those damn French tenses!
    better than German grammar, talk about hell on earth!

better than German grammar, talk about hell on earth!

I agree! French seems much more simplistic as opposed to German :P

Advertisement