Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telescope zennox 50x600

Options
  • 08-12-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Was just wandering if anybody has used this telescope before and if it is any good. Am having a bit of trouble viewing the moon even and I'm not sure if it's me or the telescope. I am very enthusiastic about astronomy but find my enthusiasm fading with frustration.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

chud86 wrote: »
    I am very enthusiastic about astrology but find my enthusiasm fading with frustration.
    Thanks

Hi chud86 welcome to boards, can you describe what exactly are the difficulties you are having when using it.

As the brand name is not one I am familiar with, I did a quick google search and it told me that the Zennox is a very poorly rated scope.

I would suggest that you get a decent pair of astronomy binoculars that can be mounted on the tripod you use for the scope. I would reckon that the "bins" will be a massive improvement over what you are currently using.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

Hi Chud86
    There is brief discussion on them in the thread here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057084596

Zennox is not a very well known name in astronomy circles, and there are so many other well rated names out there to pick from.

I know the groupon deal was very hard to ignore, but I have had a good few people on to me about the scopes, and many are having to buy twice.

It has happened before, earlier this year, with a similar deal, again, Zennox was the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chud86

Kersh wrote: »
    Hi Chud86
    There is brief discussion on them in the thread here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057084596

Zennox is not a very well known name in astronomy circles, and there are so many other well rated names out there to pick from.

I know the groupon deal was very hard to ignore, but I have had a good few people on to me about the scopes, and many are having to buy twice.

It has happened before, earlier this year, with a similar deal, again, Zennox was the name.

Yea thought as much, was a present from my girlfriend. To be fair its a terrible telescope, more like a toy one. At least I start again with something decent. Thank u

Advertisement