Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock

Options
  • 08-12-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Since 5 weeks I have a job in Blackrock, county Dublin. Is Blackrock a good place to live? At the moment I live in Leixlip, because my first job started with Hewlett Packard in Leixlip. The distant is very far. Every day travelling more then one hour. Is Blackrock a good option if I want to study Irish history in Dublin? I have a six month probation time as well. I don't want to live far from everything.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Theresia wrote: »
    Since 5 weeks I have a job in Blackrock, county Dublin. Is Blackrock a good place to live? At the moment I live in Leixlip, because my first job started with Hewlett Packard in Leixlip. The distant is very far. Every day travelling more then one hour. Is Blackrock a good option if I want to study Irish history in Dublin? I have a six month probation time as well. I don't want to live far from everything.

Blackrock is fine. It's fairly convenient to UCD if you are studying there.
    Personally I would prefer to live around Donnybrook/Ranelagh and commute to Blackrock but it is a nice little village with a selection of shops, bars and restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,348 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You may find Blackrock to be expensive. However, you can get the DART or bus routes 4, 7, 8, 17, 46e (limited service) 84a or 114.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Theresia

I like the small villages on the seacoast. It could be a good place for me. Is it also not far from Trinity College?

Yes, I notice Blackrock can be expensive. But first I think about living in a shared house. I also live now in a shared house.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,348 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it also not far from Trinity College?
    15 minutes by DART.

That's good! Not too far! I start looking now for a shared house in Blackrock. Hope I can find something.

• Advertisement

Any suggestions places nearby Blackrock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

Hi,

I live in Blackrock, it is a lovely village. If you wanted to move slightly outside as it is expensive, have a look at Dun Laoghaire or Deansgrange. They are another 10mins south of Blackrock but still well served by bus and DART. :)

Thanks Pm1e!Yeah, Blackrock is a lovely place! I l love walking there.

After 6 months probation time I have now a permanent job! Very happy! It gives me a lot of opportunities and I want to stay in Ireland. I am Dutch of origin. At the moment I live in a shared house in Sandycove. I am now starting to look for a bedsit/studio/onebedappartment.

Thanks Pm1e!Yeah, Blackrock is a lovely place! I l love walking there.

After 6 months probation time I have now a permanent job! Very happy! It gives me a lot of opportunities and I want to stay in Ireland. I am Dutch of origin. At the moment I live in a shared house in Sandycove. I am now starting to look for a bedsit/studio/onebedappartment.

Ah well I was in Netherlands for the first time last summer and I loved it, I would live there in a heartbeat. Sandycove is a lovely area too.

Ah thanks Pm1e! Thanks you like the Netherlands! It is very flat :-) Where you was?

Yes, I like Sandycove as well as Blackrock, Monkstown, Dun Laoghaire! Great area to live here! Hope I can find a bedsit here in this area, but it will take a long time I think.

• Advertisement

What is the best way to prepare to look for a bedsit? Do agencies ask references?

What is the best way to prepare to look for a bedsit? Do agencies ask references?

I have no advice for this I am afraid.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Bedsits are illegal in Ireland.

Agencies will ask for references from employers & previous landlords.

Ah thanks for information. I found information about it through google.

Advertisement