Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here have a solid profit from singles/doubles?

Options
  • 08-12-2013 3:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭

Been having some success the last few days going for singes/doubles/trebles coming to @2.00 or less. Anyone here have a healthy profit that would make about 50 euro a week?

If so how much do you bet and how often do you lose these bets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I used to put quite a bit on inplays in games. Say for example a game is 0-0 on the 70th minute, odds of under 2.5 goals is around 1/10, throwing 100 on it.

I eventually lost when Scotland played Montenegro but from I was well in profit overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I'm going to try this for the new year, will let you know how I got on.. it will most likely be championship doubles/trebles.. will keep a diary/log for January/February/March. Excited to see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm about 4K-5K up for 2013, so averaged about 80-100 a week, 99% singles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

What about previous years? :P That's impressive though! How do you avoid getting barred?

Pen.Island wrote: »
    What about previous years? :P That's impressive though! How do you avoid getting barred?

Wasn't too serious before last year, spent the years before it messing around with tiny stakes and learning alot.

You cant avoid getting barred/blocked.

There are some sites like 188bet, sbobet and the exchanges that wont block you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Care to share the knowledge, or to give a bit of insight into your techniques/strategy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

At what stage will online bookies bar you , would you have to take them for a couple of thousand in one month or do they bar people with a certain win percentage over a period of time. anyone any experience on this?

curraghyid wrote: »
    At what stage will online bookies bar you , would you have to take them for a couple of thousand in one month or do they bar people with a certain win percentage over a period of time. anyone any experience on this?

Sure, I've been barred, blocked and limited for a number of different reasons,

- Account suspended just this week from physically depositing in shop to my online account and then in shop withdrawing this deposit to Moneybookers on the same day, I must look into this one today.

- You can be suspended if you are consistently taking bets at an early higher price, if that price goes on to get shorter, meaning they perceive you to have a consistent edge.

- If you are consistently withdrawing large amounts.

- If you get on an obscure selection as part of a syndicate, i.e. somebody tips and a couple of hundred people get on, again they think you have an edge.

- If you get on a few games that are in doubt about strange odds movements, maybe fixes.

- some books have a withdrawal/deposit % limit, so withdraw say 4 - 5 times your deposit and you'll be limited.

There's plenty more scenarios I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

So basically once you'e winning consistently you're going to be barred?

Boskowski wrote: »
    So basically once you'e winning consistently you're going to be barred?

You don't even have to be winning.

• Advertisement

You don't even have to be winning.

So lets say I had something going where I'd make a couple of grand every month over time they'd simply kick me out?

After 2 - 3 months

After 2 - 3 months

Ok but on what grounds would they do it? Does it say somewhere in their T&Cs that you must lose money or else? Surely if people can pull money consistently then its their odds and their bets that offer such a window.

Sorry I'm not quizzing or arguing with you. I realise I may sound like that. I'm genuinely interested and thankful for your replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Ok but on what grounds would they do it? Does it say somewhere in their T&Cs that you must lose money or else? Surely if people can pull money consistently then its their odds and their bets that offer such a window.

Sorry I'm not quizzing or arguing with you. I realise I may sound like that. I'm genuinely interested and thankful for your replies.

They will generally say its a traders decision , they don't bar you generally they limit your account , from been let bet 100% your limits will normally reduce to 50% then 25% then 10% then 1% until you can only get a few pence on any bet you want , it depends from book to book alot of books i have are all on max bet less than 1 euro.

They can do what they want , most books don't mind winners its the value betters arbers and sharps they want to avoid and limit restrict

As I said, if you take Chelsea u21 yesterday, opened @ 2.20, after 30 mins it was 1.35.

If you keep getting larger prices than the kick off price regardless of it winning or losing you'll get limited.

As I said, if you take Chelsea u21 yesterday, opened @ 2.20, after 30 mins it was 1.35.

If you keep getting larger prices than the starting price regardless of it winning or losing you'll get limited.

Sorry I'm not an expert. I would have thought if the starting price was 2.20 that would be the highest. How would I get a higher price than 2.20 if it was 1.35 30 minutes later?
    Did you mean to say the closing price?

Sorry I'm not an expert. I would have thought if the starting price was 2.20 that would be the highest. How would I get a higher price than 2.20 if it was 1.35 30 minutes later?
    Did you mean to say the closing price?

I did, exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Gatame wrote: »
    I'm going to try this for the new year, will let you know how I got on.. it will most likely be championship doubles/trebles.. will keep a diary/log for January/February/March. Excited to see how it goes!
    Week one: 56 euro up. This was with stakes of 10 euro, most of the bets coming from the tips thread on here.. was playing it safe with most of the doubles being in the range of 1/1 to 1.5/1.

I've been doing these bets on a new Bet365 account also, I managed to play through my 100 euro deposit bonus so I have another 100 euro to stake with.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If you dont have a account online you may well be monitored by staff within a shop.

I worked in bookies for few summers before and its done in all leading offices.

If you are backing big or making money they will monitor your bets, make no mistake about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

If you dont have a account online you may well be monitored by staff within a shop.

I worked in bookies for few summers before and its done in all leading offices.

If you are backing big or making money they will monitor your bets, make no mistake about it.

been there, easy way round it send someone else in :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement