Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not started study

Options
  • 08-12-2013 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

About 6 months left and I haven't properly knuckled down. Anyone else in the same boat? Kinda worried but I'm starting to do a bit and have booked supervised study over Christmas so hope that helps. D'ya reckon there's any hope for mocks of getting at least above 300? :/ Any advice?

Any past 6th years care to offer any hope?

Ideally need about 450 but I'm not feeling optimistic :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

There is always time. It's never too late to start. Look you're not even half way through the year, start soon and do a bit each day, even if that's only 20 minutes, its still something. Build on that gradually, and focus on your weak points in each subject. Please don't be worrying about the mocks. Their key objective is to help you with timing. The supervised study over Christmas that you mentioned should become a starting point for your study. Best of luck, it will all be over soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

What subjects are you studying? There is still time, but you'd want to get a start on it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MeganB

OMG we're on the same boat :) I have not done a thing, and I failed 5 of my subjects in our semester one exams :/ Im aiming for 485 points :"( :/ But its not too late to start i suppose, you really just have to get into a good routine and stick to what you want to study each day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭CBX

I've done nothing at all yet and I'm aiming for 600 points.

Relax. There is plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Start now!

I didn't study at all until after the mocks and only got 355. If I bothered putting in any effort I could have done much better.:rolleyes:

Just do a bit every day, no need to kill yourself with work, but keeping on top of it will definitely take the pressure off.

Someone mentioned routine already, that's what it's all about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

What subjects are you studying? There is still time, but you'd want to get a start on it tbh.

OL Maths and Irish
    HL English, Accounting, Business, Physics and Geog

and lcvp

• Registered Users Posts: 43 soupyryan13

I'm in the same boat too and aiming for about the same as you for the agricultural science :/ the panic just hit me today after attending the WIT open day :/ So i started tonight and done an hour of biology which to be honest I'm teaching myself from the start due to a bad teacher so its that bit more stressful:(

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I just feel so un-motivated :/ Don't think the reality of the whole thing has hit me, and I want around 500 points! The panic attacks have started though

Advertisement