Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I tell if Synaptics drivers will work with my laptop?

Options
  • 07-12-2013 8:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi:)

I want to install a two finger scroll program ( like the apple touchpad) that only works with synaptics drivers.

I have a Dell E6220 which seems to have generic dell drivers for the touchpad. I'd like to download the synaptics but I'm not sure if that will blow my laptop to ****e.

Any way to tell if it will work?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hi:)

I want to install a two finger scroll program ( like the apple touchpad) that only works with synaptics drivers.

I have a Dell E6220 which seems to have generic dell drivers for the touchpad. I'd like to download the synaptics but I'm not sure if that will blow my laptop to ****e.

Any way to tell if it will work?

Thanks

Majority of touchpads will be synaptics. If it's Scrybe you're talking about, I downloaded that to my Dell XPS Studio and it works fine. If you go to Control Panel, Hardware, Mouse and click on the hardware tab, you can see if synatics is listed there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

It just says ps/2 compatible mouse. Manufacturer: microsoft...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

It just says ps/2 compatible mouse. Manufacturer: microsoft...

Try Dell multi touch driver maybe:
    http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/latitude-e6220

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Thanks, tis in fact an Alps touchpad, not synaptics.

Advertisement