Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know how the whole "rejecting a parcel" thing goes?

Options
  • 07-12-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I ordered a monitor on Amazon, one that I don't want as it'll be too big for my needs. Tried to cancel it, but by the time I had it was "preparing to be dispatched" so it couldn't be cancelled. So now my only option is to return it, but can I just refuse it at the door to save myself some hassle having to ship it back myself? Amazon's website says you can, but I'm not sure if An Post have a policy against it or anything like that? Do I have to inform Amazon first, or how does it work? They just ship it back to the return address, Amazon sees the name and they refund the money? That seems a bit too easy, sending stuff back is usually hassle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Recently I ordered an item from the US. Anyway, the seller made a mistake on the invoice and the customs & duties that UPS calculated were incorrect. I got an attempted delivery notice, so I rang UPS and said that I would be refusing delivery (and explained why).

Item was returned to the US, my credit card was refunded by the seller and UPS issued a credit note for the customs & duties owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭ei9go

There is no problem, just refuse the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

If I reject this, how do I get a refund from Amazon? Do they just process it themselves once the item has returned? The return thing on their site seems to only print out a return form, and if I just tell the post man to return it, I won't have the package. :confused:

Didn't see a phone number to get in contract with Amazon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can contact them online using the chat service. If it's tracked they can request a STOP on the delivery, so it will be returned to them. Then when it arrives back you will get a refund.

You can also accept the delivery, then print out the new return label and then post back.

Go into the contact us on their site, down the bottom they have a start chatting option.

Advertisement