Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Razors?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,284 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

This is basically my razor.
    http://www.comprafari.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/_/3_47_19.jpg

I've had a few similar to this now and I've never had one where to top part of it actually works properly.
    It seems to miss most of it. I use at a 90 degree angle like suggested.
    Am I missing something with these razors? Should I be using shaving cream or something?
    You should be using a wet razor.

Electric razors are grand for keeping your stubble trimmed, but if you actually want a clean shave, then nothing can match a wet blade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I have stubble that grows in different directions and spirals! So I've yet to find an electric razor that can do the job either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I keep stubble but like to keep my neck trimmed clean, I purchased an electric razor similar to yours OP and immediately felt that it wasn't suited to the job. I noticed straight away that despite giving areas a good bit of time, there would still be stray hairs that the razor just wasn't getting.

I swapped it out for a triple faced electric razor and I have to say it works miles better - I use it in circular motions and it does a very good job I have to say.

So I'd suggest testing out a razor like this one and see if it does a better job, hopefully it will provide you with a better shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭chinwag

I find the rotary type of razor better than foil but people differ I suppose.

You probably can't beat the wet shave but doing so daily can be sore if you have sensitive skin.

• Administrators Posts: 53,572 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

awec wrote: »
    I have found with electric razors that the cheap / budget ones are completely useless.
    On this point - keep an eye on Argos, they frequently have large sales on electric razors - the rotary razor I now use cost me €80 but was down from €140 or so IIRC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Even the more expensive electric razors don't always work great. I got one for my Dad years ago (top end one) and it still left alot of hair on his face, even when I did the shave for him. Once a week he would need to do a wet shave anyway.

Advertisement