Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco vs Vodafone - pricewise Tesco is a no-brainer...

Options
  • 07-12-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

...so, where's the catch? Coverage? Reception quality?

Currently, I'm with Vodafone on My Way Plus, though out of contract, so free to move. I'm spending average €46 p/m for 200 minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data.

I can get similar with Tesco - 12 month contract - for €10 p/m. http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-monthly-plans.aspx?f=1

In fact, 300 minutes, according to the above link. (SIM only, using my existing phone)

What am I missing?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭GIMP

Your missing nothing, I'm with them 2 years now without too much hassle. Good coverage 3G where I am, excellent data speeds and tonnes of mins/texts. Only advice is check the coverage in your area first before committing to any 12 month contract, buy a prepay sim to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

GIMP wrote: »
    Your missing nothing, I'm with them 2 years now without too much hassle. Good coverage 3G where I am, excellent data speeds and tonnes of mins/texts. Only advice is check the coverage in your area first before committing to any 12 month contract, buy a prepay sim to test.

Cheers. I'm in Clonskeagh, Dublin. If the coverage is bad here, then they wouldn't be in business. Also, phone (iPhone 4s) is always on wifi at home.

Think I'll sign up and save myself €36 a month!

Thanks again.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

A word of warning..............

If you're switching to Tesco Mobile with a phone that requires an unlocking code (e.g. and iPhone) get the unlocking code from your existing mobile provider first. Then switch.

Otherwise, you will not have the use of the phone while you wait for the unlocking number - up to 21 days apparently.

The Tesco staff at the Jervis Street Centre should tell you at the point of sale that the number will be needed. Idiots!

I can't even check for phone messages via a landline.

Not happy at all.

D.

Advertisement