Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a TV from Pixmania HELP

Options
  • 07-12-2013 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Iv bought from pixmania before a hard drive and memory sticks and the likes but never anything which cost this much. Looking at buy a new TV for the christmas ue46f6510sbxxu.html which is €349 extra in Harvey Norman compared to Pixmania http://www.pixmania.ie/led-tv/samsung-ue46f6510-led-3d-smart-tv/21410940-a.html#rich_desc

I'll be making sure I get a tracking number if I order from Pixmania I'll also check the box when its delivered to make sure theres no damage to the screen. I'm also aware pixmanias customer service has a bad reputation but have heard they are resolving issues alot faster lately. Question is, is there any difference between these two TV's ie saorview, rte app, 3 app and the likes this will be my first smart TV and wondering if you get anything extra for this €349 or are they exactly the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭ei9go

There is a recent thread about someone who bought an LG Smart TV from Pixmania but could only select Eastern European countries in the set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

Podger23 wrote: »
    I'm also aware pixmanias customer service has a bad reputation but have heard they are resolving issues alot faster lately.
    Just had to escalate a problem with them to a PayPal claim due to their so called customer service. I won't use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Podger23 wrote: »
    Iv bought from pixmania before a hard drive and memory sticks and the likes but never anything which cost this much. Looking at buy a new TV for the christmas ue46f6510sbxxu.html which is €349 extra in Harvey Norman compared to Pixmania http://www.pixmania.ie/led-tv/samsung-ue46f6510-led-3d-smart-tv/21410940-a.html#rich_desc

I'll be making sure I get a tracking number if I order from Pixmania I'll also check the box when its delivered to make sure theres no damage to the screen. I'm also aware pixmanias customer service has a bad reputation but have heard they are resolving issues alot faster lately. Question is, is there any difference between these two TV's ie saorview, rte app, 3 app and the likes this will be my first smart TV and wondering if you get anything extra for this €349 or are they exactly the same.

The Pixmania one does not have the country code on it - the HN one is a UK code BXXU = Black UK model. having said that I bought a Samsung one from pixmania, no issues, all arrived fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Podger23

I'v placed the order with them I'll let yas know how I get on. Fingers Crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

i was going for a samsung 46f6500 from pixmania, they had it on for 729 euro a few weeks back, now its up to 779 euro the feckers, got a tv from them over a year back had no trouble with it and saved a good few hundred on it, i just wish when they put their prices down they would keep them down.

• Advertisement

cranefly wrote: »
    i was going for a samsung 46f6500 from pixmania, they had it on for 729 euro a few weeks back, now its up to 779 euro the feckers, got a tv from them over a year back had no trouble with it and saved a good few hundred on it, i just wish when they put their prices down they would keep them down.

Its up to €839 now then there site went down for maintenance. I was lucky to get the TV for €729.

Well TV arrived with a crack in the screen. Checked before signing and showed the delivery driver whom actually is a neighbour and said it would be replaced in 3 working days by UPS. I'll keep yous all updated as how it goes.

Advertisement