Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA properties

Options
  • 07-12-2013 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if a property is on the deferred payment scheme is the asking price negotiable?
    Has anyone out there managed to purchase for less then asking price??
    I looked at one last year when they came up and was to that's the price. They are still for sale!!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Villa05

Check the register and see if all property in this scheme is selling for the asking. The scheme is over a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Raffeal

The agents might tell you the price isn't negotiable, but that's never true. Ask if you can pay extra and they'll doubtlessly say yes, if you can pay more you can pay less. I've heard of someone buying an apartment in the coast development near baldoyle, the asking price was 140, they offered 90 saying "these places are in Nama I'll offer you 90", the agent said no at first but rang them a week later and took the offer, that was in the last few months. I know of others getting deals on Nama places out by Carrickmines but that was over a year ago. I'd say go for it, think of a few things to negotiate on and make an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 poggles81

Yes, I managed to negotiate and purchase a house last year on the deferred payment scheme for less than the asking price.
    If you do make an offer be prepared to play the waiting game as NAMA were extremely slow to respond, but in the end it was worth it and we are very happy with our house. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Thanks for those responses. I checked the price register and none if them are listed.
    I think I might go and chance my arm. They are up for €150k and I don't know if any have sold in the year + that they have been for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Villa05

If you look at all houses available under this scheme on Daft, you will see that many have dropped there original asking price

http://www.daft.ie/searchnama.daft?search=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Villa05 wrote: »
    If you look at all houses available under this scheme on Daft, you will see that many have dropped there original asking price

That's interesting. When we rang last year we were told that was the price not negotiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dermotme

Villa05 wrote: »

Thats very interesting. Is there a way to search them on Myhome.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭GavMan

dermotme wrote: »
    Thats very interesting. Is there a way to search them on Myhome.ie?

Behold!!!

Advertisement