Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing phone from china. (customs query)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Well lads i was looking at buying a phone from this website. http://www.**********.com/cell-phones-mobiles-c-59.html anyone know if customs will let one through or what happens? im not sure if i put this in the right place :eek: thanks in advance:)

Linky no worky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

if it looks like a copy it may be sent to samsung/nokia etc to allow them assess it for copyright infringement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

There are no customs charges on mobile phones. You might get hit for 23% VAT. If it's branded Nokia Samsung or Apple you might have a problem. I've even heard of some phones being seized at customs for infringing copyright by being too similar to branded phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Miss Mayhem

Be very wary of buying anything from Chinese websites. China has no copyright laws so there are a lot of fakes coming out of there. Buyer beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement