Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Clothes for Girlfriend

Options
  • 06-12-2013 8:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3

So what's the etiquette on buying clothes for your girlfriend. I want to buy her some leggings for Christmas. She doesn't wear them but wears skinny jeans. I think she would look really nice in leggings. Should I buy them for her on not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I'd say if she doesn't wear them, don't buy them.

Chances are they'll be sitting in the wardrobe for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No you buy her clothes you know she will like not what you think she should like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Definitely not. If she liked leggings she'd be wearing them. You might hit a nerve,if she doesn't wear them it could be because she's self conscious about some aspect of her body. It'd be a nightmare for her if you give them to her and she's uncomfortable about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

I'm sorry, but I just have to say if my other half bought me leggings he'd find himself strung up to the Christmas tree with them. Buy her something beautiful not useful and certainly not leggings.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Mar Mar Marmalade

Never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

As well as all the reasons given above, even if she did want them, you wouldn't know as well as she would what size she needs. So that's another battlefield.

Tbh there are so many other nice things you could buy her, and I know I personally would rather my bf bought me something nice that I wouldn't buy unless I was really treating myself. You can get decent leggings for 10-20 quid - if she wants them, she can buy them herself any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

are you mad ? if you get the wrong size she kill you :P if you tell her you think she look nice in them she will think you dont fancy her :Pyou can never win in this situtation just leave it alone never ever buy chlothes for the woman you love :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Don't do it; buying clothes for women is just a minefield. We struggle enough with it ourselves :P

If you really want to, buy a voucher for a shop you know she likes. My boyfriend bought me a River Island voucher for my birthday and I was delighted with it; he knows I love RI.

As someone else said, if she liked leggings she'd be wearing them by now anyway. I know you mean well, but it's best to let her decide what she wants to wear :)

Advertisement