Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet coming to Lidl...any good?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-EAD6212A-F134489F/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=1006

Hi, this tablet is coming to Lidl...I was going to get something brand named in a computer store, was looking at spending around €250 - €300 for what people are telling me is a decent tablet (eg Samsung Galaxy tablet)

I am not great when it comes to this type of thing unfortunately...but it is for my 9 year old for her birthday & christmas, she has used mostly the Galaxy tablet at her friends house, for easy games, internet access, camera, apps etc

Just wondering if anyone could let me know if this one would be any good for basic use!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nano267

Hi remsburgsgirl

Don,t touch it, purchased one in August was only using it for reading Kindle books. It crashed after three weeks also had to
    Keep it plugged in as the battery was useless and my niece bought one for her young son and she had to get a refund for her,s also.
    Bought the new Nexus 7 have to say excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Aldi have a 7" quad-core tablet on sale Sunday for 99. Inexpensive, leaves the GoClever one for dust & comes with a 3 year warranty. It's worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭remsburgsgirl

Aldi have a 7" quad-core tablet on sale Sunday for 99. Inexpensive, leaves the GoClever one for dust & comes with a 3 year warranty. It's worth considering.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-8th-december/products-detail-page/ps/p/178cm7-tablet-pc-medion-lifetab-e7316-md-98282/

Hi, thanks, is it this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭remsburgsgirl

nano267 wrote: »
    Hi remsburgsgirl

Don,t touch it, purchased one in August was only using it for reading Kindle books. It crashed after three weeks also had to
    Keep it plugged in as the battery was useless and my niece bought one for her young son and she had to get a refund for her,s also.
    Bought the new Nexus 7 have to say excellent.

Aahh!! That's a shame, thanks very much for the feedback...I will check out Nexus 7, I am torn between buying a good brand or a cheap alternative!

Thats the one. Great value for the money. More than adequate for a 9yo. A Nexus will cost double the money & I don't think a 9yo would notice any difference in quality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Thats the one. Great value for the money. More than adequate for a 9yo. A Nexus will cost double the money & I don't think a 9yo would notice any difference in quality.

I'm crap with specs too. The mum in law has hinted she'd like a tablet.

This decent enough for her yeah?

I'm crap with specs too. The mum in law has hinted she'd like a tablet.

This decent enough for her yeah?

For the money it's the best value you'll get before Xmas. The acer tabs & Samsung tabs are €60 dearer and are not any better.
    The only drawback is you will probably have to be outside aldi 30 mins before they open, bound to be a queue for these I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The battery life on the Aldi tablet is only 4 hours though...
    I've been looking into it and while the rest of the specs are good, I'm less than impressed by the battery life. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Thanks guys

R3nu4l. Thanks for the heads up. She's the kinda person will spend. .. oh I'd say an hour maybe, every couple of days, she's absolutely not that technologically literate. I'd say a few email and looking at pics.

At the same time, I could see her getting pissed off pretty quickly of she had to run upstairs to charge it every day

Ah decisions. I wasplanning on getting in to Aldi early.

What you think?

• Advertisement

Thanks guys

R3nu4l. Thanks for the heads up. She's the kinda person will spend. .. oh I'd say an hour maybe, every couple of days, she's absolutely not that technologically literate. I'd say a few email and looking at pics.

At the same time, I could see her getting pissed off pretty quickly of she had to run upstairs to charge it every day

Ah decisions. I wasplanning on getting in to Aldi early.

What you think?

There are people already queueing outside aldi for them. 4 hours battery life isn't the greatest, but it's a train ride from Dublin to cork or an afternoon of peace from the kids. Still the best deal out there by far, plus a 3 year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

There are people already queueing outside aldi for them. 4 hours battery life isn't the greatest, but it's a train ride from Dublin to cork or an afternoon of peace from the kids. Still the best deal out there by far, plus a 3 year warranty

I'd never queue to save 50-60 euros, does look good specs though.

I'd never queue to save 50-60 euros, does look good specs though.

Went to my local aldi at 9.58. Guy came out & gave me a ticket, in & out by 10.03. It was well worth the the mins of my time :)

Advertisement