Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 406 - Playstore

Options
  • 06-12-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully someone has come across this before, girlfriend's sister got a new tablet, It's a Samsung Tab - 4.1.2

Any attempt to download/install a app from the store brings this error,

I tried clearing cache/data and still nothing.Even after a factory reset it's the same.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Try deleting and readding the google account to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

No luck,still the same.

Maybe try deleting the google account and adding a new/different one and trying to see if the same error happens? clear data/cache on google play service and google play store after deleting the account before adding the new account. If it works try adding the first account back again and try using that one then.

If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas, sorry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How about updating the firmware to newer than 4.1.2?

Unless he roots/flashes it he probably can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Try open another app that uses ur Google account, eg YouTube.
    So log onto YouTube, see if ur logged into that app, maybe play a short video for the sake of it.
    Then reboot and see what happens.

Failing that, can u try on another wifi network?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Try doing factory reset. Sometimes this error happens due to google framework services issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

5starpool wrote: »
    Maybe try deleting the google account and adding a new/different one and trying to see if the same error happens? clear data/cache on google play service and google play store after deleting the account before adding the new account. If it works try adding the first account back again and try using that one then.

If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Nope, still no joy
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    How about updating the firmware to newer than 4.1.2?
    5starpool wrote: »
    Unless he roots/flashes it he probably can't.

Really don't want to go down this route as I don't own it but I will have to i guess if i cant find an answer
    The_B_Man wrote: »
    Try open another app that uses ur Google account, eg YouTube.
    So log onto YouTube, see if ur logged into that app, maybe play a short video for the sake of it.
    Then reboot and see what happens.

Failing that, can u try on another wifi network?

Nope, no luck, tried 3 different wifi setups
    coldfire1x wrote: »
    Try doing factory reset. Sometimes this error happens due to google framework services issues.

I've tried that

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

You could try installing apps from an alternative market to see if it allows you..try this one http://www.moborobo.com/products/mobomarket.html ......make sure to allow installation of unknown sources in Settings/ Security. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

When you say you cleared data and cache did you clear both the Google services framework and the play store.

Worth trying both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Have you tried logging into the playstore via a browser. Install a random app on the account via the browser. It should install automatically on the tablet. When you click to install the app, does the tablet show as one of the listed devices in the drop down list of devices?

Advertisement