Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you join a choir?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭

Can you just rock up and say "I wanna join?" Not necessarily a church choir, but a choir in general. Just wondering if anyone knew / had experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

It really depends on the choir. If it's an amateur local church choir, they're usually very open to new members and very welcoming. More formal choirs may require an audition process for members to join. If there's a particular choir that you're interested in your best bet is to just ask the choir director or a member and they'll let you know. Regardless of the choir I'm sure they'll appreciate your interest and advise you accordingly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

When I joined my choir I found them via Google and mailed to ask were they accepting new members. They invited me to a rehearsal and at the end, when everyone was dispersing, the MD did a brief audition - scales and stuff.

And it (joining) was one of the best things I've ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 music girl

just speak to MD or email asking to join most choirs always welcome new members. I am MD of Perfect Harmony Choir. We are a rock, pop and gospel choir and rehearse in Walkinstown on Wednesdays 8-9.30. If it sounds like something you might be interested in why not check our Facebook Page Perfect Harmony Choir or send me an email newdublinchoir2013@gmail

Advertisement