Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Connection/Power Problem?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Here’s my problem. I have a Dell 1764 laptop and when I turn it on the screen often turns white and flickers, there is no picture.

In order to get the laptop running again I find that if I press the power button at top left it puts it into hibernation.

Next I find that by watching the three little lights at the bottom of the computer when the middle one goes out completely and the first one starts to blink on and off at a regular speed if I press the power button at the top of the computer and take the computer back into life that will often fix my problem.

This problem doesn’t occur all the time but it is regular and more so when I’m using the laptop without the power cable. Often it will take more than one go to get the machine up and running again

Also, sometimes when I working with the computer and move the screen a little it will go white screen again and if I go through the procedure that I described above I again get the laptop up and running.

I’m assuming that somewhere along the line there is a poor power connection. What I’m trying to find out is what could be the matter and how it might be fixed. If I had an idea of what the problem was I could chase down a Youtube video

Any suggestions, any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

apologies for bumping the thread but anybody got advice?

Advertisement