Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Job App

Options
  • 06-12-2013 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I hope im posting in the right section.
    Im looking for a software package that will allow me to send job to engineers on the road ( cut out time they spend driving back to office etc)

This is how I envisage it working. All engineers have smart phones (Android & Iphone).
    1. When a job comes into office we assign it a PO number.
    2. Add this job to the softare program with a brief description of what needs to be done.
    3. select which engineer is going to do it and send to him.
    4. Engineer now has job on his phone including PO number etc.
    5. Engineer completes job
    6. Engineer completes job package on phone app and adds any further details ie extra work done, further work required.
    7. Engineer submits job app back to office.
    8. Office then processes details from engineers report.

I hope there is something like this already out there but just cant find it.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Mobile Application.

This could be done very well using Google Calendars & set up sharing.
    Office has access to everyone's calender ,they select the time date etc & a drop down calendar to assign to which engineer. The event will show up on their calendar on their Android phone. When the job is done they edit the even and save.
    If you use a third party calendar like Calengoo when the event is edited it can be changed to another calendar, say office done:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You don't need an app for this. You need a system back at the office that manages the jobs, once job is assigned -> email to engineer.

You likely already have a job ticket system, and already have email - so there is only a minor modification to be done. Also, if you have a pre-existing system that is webbased - then the engineers can just use a browser on their phone. No app needed.

If your internal stuff is not available on the public web, then just have the engineers connect via vpn. Again just a matter of configuration.

Advertisement