Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas for a pressie?

Options
  • 06-12-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

OK gang,

So here's the deal. My sister-in-law is expecting another baby soon. Bit of an afterthought. Damn my brother with his ever fertile loins!:pac:

Anyway, her birthday is the 27th of December so she's always been swindled out of birthday pressies, as her Chrimbo and birthday pressies are always rolled into one.

Now, while my bro and sis-in-law aren't exactly as rich as Nazis, they're very comfortably off, and anything they might need they could simply buy for themselves. I, on the other hand, as am poor as a churchmouse.

I can afford to buy something anything the right side of a hundred blips, but what I really need are some creative ideas/suggestions!

So AHers, I throw myself at your mercy.

What would you get for a middle-aged woman (44) who already has everything?

Choco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Make them dinner. Couple of venison steaks cooked and served then with some roast vegetables and two bottles of good wine.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

€100 worth of condoms.

OR

Book yourself and herself in for a nice romantic spa weekend while your bro/her hubby minds the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Myself and the missus usually give each other vouchers although I'd usually supplement it with something practical when required like a new phone, meal or weekend spa break or something

To be honest, it's a relief when you finally admit to each other that you're sick to death of creative zany presents that secretly neither of you want and you actually love vouchers to pick stuff you'd actually want.

A lot of the time presents seem to be are more about the person giving them and feeling creative than really asking yourself what the other person wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Voucher for a hotel and an offer to babysit for the night.

Next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

bleg wrote: »

Next!

This was also my suggestion. Seems ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Next!

She's heavily pregnant,could pop anytime,can't even have a drink...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Next!

I was thinking that too. My ideal present this year would actually be a night in a hotel by myself. Husband minding the baby and I could order room service, read books and watch films and sleep a proper 8 hours. It would be heaven!

But probably be nicer to get a hotel voucher that's intended for them both to use and offer to babysit.

Advertisement