Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insect/bug identification help

Options
  • 06-12-2013 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi all, first time posting here.... just wondering if one of you might have an idea what these little critters are called, so that I can research them and determine what they feed on etc. (I need to get rid of them, but not knowing what they are, or how they came to be there, or what kind of environment they thrive in etc., I'm at a loss).

11228876285_8c13a0e09e_c.jpg

Closest shot I could get of them....they are much less than 1mm in size.

Just some background on the situation:
    They appear from time to time on an African Blackwood flute (trad flute, for Irish music), so possibly leaving the flute down on a not-so-clean pub table or chair might have caused them to 'climb in', or maybe they fed off Guinness 'fumes' :o when I'm playing....???).

I'm clean, the house is clean, and the flute is kept in a 'sealed' box that would be used for storing camera equipment, so maybe the dark/damp environment (in the box) might be how they are able to get established?

As you can imagine, it is not a nice situation to be in - So any help would be very much appreciated so I can get rid of them ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Little white sesame seed things? I think those are dust mites. You could clean them off with any standard cleaner, but they're everywhere.

Advertisement