Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newbie overclocking

Options
  • 05-12-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

So i've just completed my new build and have a few questions on overclocking:
    My RAM is rated to run at 2133mhz, and to get it running at that, all I did was adjust the DRAM frequency accordingly in the BIOS. I didn't need to adjust any voltages or timings and it is perfectly stable. Is it meant to be this easy?
    The second question is about the CPU, i'm running at stock clocks at the moment, so it turbos to 3.8GHz, and the max temperatures are ~56/56 degrees on most of the cores. I'm running a hyper 212 evo so no fancy cooling solution, but it looks like I have a bit of overclocking headroom. Do I just need to adjust the multiplier or where should I get started?
    Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

What's your cpu? With Ivybridge and Haswell Intel cpus you can bump up the multiplier one step at a time and see how far you can get without instability. Then you can worry about adjusting core voltage and load line calibration. Take a look at overclock.net, they have overclocking guides for recent cpus in the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 markbreen17

I'm running a 4670k now. RAM is vengeance pro 2133mhz. Ok cheers man will take a look for some guides

Advertisement