Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC build - Low budget

Options
  • 05-12-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Guys, Can anyone give me any advise? Particularly in Graphics card/Motherboard/Processor.

1. What is your budget?€500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?Gaming - Crysis / HTPC

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?No

5. Do you need a monitor? No - using HD TV

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Laser

9. When are you purchasing? Before Christmas

Here's what I have so far:

Graphics Card: Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-Express, GDDR5, Dust-proof Fan) - £54 (€65)

CPU - AMD FX-4130 4 Core Processor - £70 (€84)

Motherboard - Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3 Motherboard - €60

I'm thinking then:
    4-6 GB Ram
    1TB HDD
    500w PSU (Is this enough?)
    Gaming Case
    300Mbps NIC
    DVDRW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Quick example of what I would chose for 500, comes to €519 inc. delivery from Dabs.ie. I was in a hurry as I don't have time to look at it properly, but to give you an idea of what to expect, or to look for, it can be done cheaper and its not to say that these are perfect choices, but are a good guideline. Would run most games like Battlefield 4 at high-ultra at 1080p.

Forget what you have there, 6670 is pointless as its so low performing, Fx4130 is older tech, if you had to scrimp, at least look at fx4300 or 4350.

283418.jpg

Advertisement