Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance tax & NCT

Options
  • 05-12-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all .
    I recently bought a car from a local man who had it lying around with no tax
    so i changed it to my name and just yesterday sent it away to change to my mums name to avoid the back tax as i missed 2 months as i wasnt driving
    so i have 3 questions for you all.
    1. Can i insure the car without an nct. i know i need insurance to tax but not sure if i can insure as the nct isnt untill 2 weeks time.
    2. Can i tax it without the logbook as it wont be back for tuesday which is when i wish to get it on the road with insurance and tax but not sure if i can do so without insurance firstly and secondly without the logbook?
    3. Can i NCT it without the log book ?

Incase this helps i have a photo copy of the logbook before it was sent off if thats any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd shell out for a satnav first. You're in the Christmas forum.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfcboi96

feck..lol was looking for ages couldnt find atall where to post a new thread then in the crimbo section it came up ..ah god

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Moved from Christmas forum.
    (Didn't know the OP had cross posted.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

ow will you explain it being in your mum's name but insured in your name?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfcboi96

ill be a named driver under my mum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Judging by your user name you are only 17 so to be honest, Id check out how much the insurance is going to cost you before you worry about the tax or NCT.

Trying to insure it in your Mums name with you as a named driver will also prove just as costly by the way, insurance companies are well wise to this craic at this stage and there is no bonus to use on it.

Check out if you can get insured before anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

lfcboi96 wrote: »
    ill be a named driver under my mum

AH, right so...your Mum doesn't already have a car right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steo28

If my car odds stolen from my front garden where out has been sitting for almost a year with no tax and no nct for about 2 years but has fully comp insurance (mostly so I can drive other cars as third party) is out still insured thanks in advance for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Steo28 wrote: »
    If my car odds stolen from my front garden where out has been sitting for almost a year with no tax and no nct for about 2 years but has fully comp insurance (mostly so I can drive other cars as third party) is out still insured thanks in advance for your help

It is but the non nct is taken into value usually.

Advertisement