Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits on Xmas week?

Options
  • 05-12-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm currently getting jobseekers allowance payments, which i collect from the post office... I am leaving the country to spend Christmas with family from the 21st until the 28th. I am due to collect my payment on Tuesday the 24th.

So what do I do?

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

As far as I know all payments due on Xmas week are paid week beginning Monday 16th. You should get two payments on Tuesday 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JCmanu

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    As far as I know all payments due on Xmas week are paid week beginning Monday 16th. You should get two payments on Tuesday 17th.

Ok thanks very much. I also turn 25 on Monday the 16th. Do you know if the payment is automatically raised or do I have to call into the social welfare office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JCmanu wrote: »
    Ok thanks very much. I also turn 25 on Monday the 16th. Do you know if the payment is automatically raised or do I have to call into the social welfare office?

Sorry i don't know if it raises automatically, might be worth calling into office. Happy Birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

JCmanu wrote: »

raises automatically a week after you turn 25

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Advertisement
Advertisement