Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop money back?

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all, I bought a wii game in gamestop today for my daughter but after talking to her nanna I found out she bought the same game a few days ago. Does anybody knows if they'll give me my money back?Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jtaylol

maria11 wrote: »
    Hi all, I bought a wii game in gamestop today for my daughter but after talking to her nanna I found out she bought the same game a few days ago. Does anybody knows if they'll give me my money back?Thanks

I am not 100% sure if they'll give money back over a credit note, but if you are persuasive enough I'm sure you'll get it. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Probaby be a credit note, retailers aren't obligated to give cash refunds for change of mind returns, but if it's still sealed and you explain they should, it's that time of year where lots of stuff be will returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maria11

Hopefully they will give me the money back, I go often to that shop with my girls and I always end buying something every time so the guys in the shop know me. If they give me a credit note it wouldn't be the end of the world but I would prefer the cash. Thanks for your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

If you bought the game pre owned you can

I got my money back no problem but not the full amount. The game was 29.99 but they charged me 33 euro, apparently they charged me for a game protection or some kind of insurance without having asked me if I wanted to buy it or not. The guy in the shop told me that this insurance wasn't refundable. I am happy with been able to get my money back but I didn't like that they had charged me for insurance I didn't want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

maria11 wrote: »
    insurance wasn't refundable. I am happy with been able to get my money back but I didn't like that they had charged me for insurance I didn't want.

So you didn't actually get your money back?

You know, all that money that you paid. That you didn't get back. You didn't even get a credit note for 33 quid. You gave them a game they will likely sell again for 33 quid, plus 4 quid of yours and took 29.99 back.

Or have I that totally sarcastically wrong?

So you didn't actually get your money back?

You know, all that money that you paid. That you didn't get back. You didn't even get a credit note for 33 quid. You gave them a game they will likely sell again for 33 quid, plus 4 quid of yours and took 29.99 back.

Or have I that totally sarcastically wrong?
    I got back 29.99 but I paid 33 the day before, the difference was insurance that I didn't know I had bought which was not refundable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Every time you buy a game in game stop they offer insurance, Usually a difference price depending on what the item is and its condition. Then if it breaks in any way even if you snapped it in half they will refund you the base cost of the game.

When I was younger a lot of lads I knew used to buy games, finish them in a day or two and bring them back claiming they are faulty and wouldn't read, They would get cash or credit back and do the same next time they saw a game they wanted so my guess is that the insurance system game stop offer is to counter that so they are not at a completely loss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure that charging you for insurance that they didn't inform you about is totally illegal and akin to robbery. I'd get in to the manager about it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that charging you for insurance that they didn't inform you about is totally illegal and akin to robbery. I'd get in to the manager about it.
    I think it was the manager. I also think it is very silly for him to do that because I have a few shops around that I'll be able to buy games instead of them. I am not saying I will never go back again to that shop but I didn't like what they did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement