Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such a thing as a pay as you go plan where

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭

You might only top up by a tenner once every 6 or 8 months?

So no restriction on how long you have to use up your credit and no necessity to top up every month.

I've looked at various plans but they all seem to require minimum monthly top ups.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not exactly sure what you want?

You can top up and use the plan benefits, and then use standard pricing after that. Networks vary on the amount of time you can leave between top ups. With o2 you dont need to topup after a certain period, just make a chargeable transaction at least every 6 months to keep the account alive, be it a call for a few seconds or a text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I got a cheap phone for going running with, bringing on nights out etc..

I will very rarely need to use it but want the option of using it if needed.

I want to get a SIM card, throw a minimum amount of credit on it, then maybe not need to put more credit on for months and months.

I looked at O2 but all their pay as you go plans require a top up every 30 days. I might not need to top up for months, but I want whatever credit that's on it available for use for longer than 30 days at a time. I suppose I don't want a plan at all, just a SIM card that I top up now and again.

You don't need to top up every 30 days, that's just if you want the perks of that plan, such as extra texts or data. With O2, once you make a chargeable call or text every 90 days your account and credit will remain active.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ah ok that makes more sense now. o2 is probably the best for what you want as I already out lined. You will be just paying the out of bundle rates, or standard call pricing. Its not as cheap obviously but if your only using it for small amounts it will be ok. The pros of not having to keep topping up every 6 months should out way the prices

Thanks a lot, I think I must have misunderstood their website!

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot, I think I must have misunderstood their website!

One example:> http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/prepay.php

You will pay the rates on the right of the selected plan, "below €20 topup"

Davy wrote: »
    One example:> http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/prepay.php

You will pay the rates on the right of the selected plan, "below €20 topup"

Thanks Davy, that's very useful.

Advertisement