Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel pass question

Options
  • 04-12-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

My wife holds a free travel pass. We haven't used it in quite some time because I drive here to where she has to go. However, we will have to use it next week to go from Galway on the citylink back to Cork. I understand that there was a letter sent out some time back to travel pass owners to get their pass switched out for a newer "credit card" style type. Since we never did that is the pass still valid?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

why dont ya ring citylink and ask them...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

why dont ya ring citylink and ask them...:confused:

How very helpful of you!!!

Danger Mouse you can you use your old pass as credit card type have not been introduced to free travel scheme yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 danidanu

Tickityboo is right I haven't seen credit card travel passes yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

the credit card style are out now got mine in post few days ago hopefully rolled out fast and it will stop the abuse of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Th3B1tcH wrote: »
    the credit card style are out now got mine in post few days ago hopefully rolled out fast and it will stop the abuse of them :)

Did you have to apply for it and hand in your old one or did the new one just get sent out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

when I called in for new pps card (they sent a letter out to get the new 1 with photo) they just said mine take bit longer to send out as they add travel on it so I expect when she gets the new pps card there rolling out it will be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wasn't aware that there was a new Travel Pass design. Interesting. I've recently lost mine and am expecting my new pass to arrive sometime this week. Will report back when I get it. Was never asked for a photo or anything. I remember when I first got my original pass (2007) I was told that I wouldn't need a photo because I don't live in one of the major cities. Living in Ashbourne (Meath) at the moment. I wonder if this still applies to the new format.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Technophobia

I use my old one to get around and haven't heard anything yet about the old card.
    Unsure how people can abuse them when your pic is on them???????

Advertisement