Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any way to prevent outgoing texts?

Options
  • 04-12-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

hi..just wondering can i switch off outgoing text messaging anyway:)

i reach the end of the package allowance and i'll forget i have to make calls instead of sending texts:)

Comments

hi..just wondering can i switch off outgoing text messaging anyway:)

i reach the end of the package allowance and i'll forget i have to make calls instead of sending texts:)

What network are you using? You should take a look at Cabbage to get a few hundred free texts every month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

emobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

ya i've used cabbage ....ill install it right now

got that going...a much improved cabbage too!

unfortunately i can only use it on wi-fi as i have network data switched off at source

the billpay package only includes a measly 5000MB so im not bothering with 3G data at all..i'm mostly on wi-fi anyhow

ya i've used cabbage ....ill install it right now

got that going...a much improved cabbage too!

unfortunately i can only use it on wi-fi as i have network data switched off at source

the billpay package only includes a measly 5000MB so im not bothering with 3G data at all..i'm mostly on wi-fi anyhow

Cabbage will barely make a dent in 500mb a month so don't be afraid to turn it on if that's all you are going to use it for.

I just looked at my own stats for the last few months and I barely break 350mb a month and that's with a butt load of browser time.

Install 3g watchdog and set your limit to 450mb and you'll get a warning in plenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

Cabbage will barely make a dent in 500mb a month so don't be afraid to turn it on if that's all you are going to use it for.

I just looked at my own stats for the last few months and I barely break 350mb a month and that's with a butt load of browser time.

Install 3g watchdog and set your limit to 450mb and you'll get a warning in plenty of time

If you buy cabbage you get the option to reply using cabbage. With the free version you have to remember to starta new message when you want to reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement